Average age of C-Max owners

markd

I've seen a college student and an early 30s guy driving one, but otherwise most C-Max drivers I see on the road are older. Same as with other tall compact wagons such as the Scion xB or the Kia Soul: marketed to youth, but actually bought by those eyeing or enjoying retirement, due to the easy ingress/egress. You don't crouch down to get in, you just slide in. I think there's a stats page on here where you can check the average age of forum members, though that may skew younger than the overall owner population.

I am 63 and found the C-Max by accident! 

I was about to lease a Buick Encore but had a Ford in the garage for the last 25 years at least.  I was replacing my Ford Edge and decided to see what Ford had because I wasn't supposed to get the Buick until the following day.

The salesman showed me a C-Max Energi on the showroom floor and came up with a very competitive price versus the Buick.  I leased it for 24 months and am very happy with the performance, MPG, MPGe, room, comfort, and handling.  I was very surprised how easy it is to get in and out of also.

Never knew what a C-Max was and never expected to be driving a hybrid vehicle!

Time has actually gotten wibbly-wobbly since I got the C-Max.  Probably related to the fact that the C-Max is bigger on the inside than on the outside - I call it the Tardis effect.  I'm not sure how old I am now.  

Come on now, make a guess. LOL We need more Data. LOL Looks like 55yrs now, we need more younger people to participate to get the average down. :lol: 

Paul