Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Wheel Alignment For Best MPG

alignment MPG tire wear

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 81 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Nope, no records.  My daily driving is local roads, 45-50mph tops, with occasional highway trips at full highway speeds (don't tell anybody, but I routinely exceed legal limits).  The noise was getting noticeable above about 30, enough to annoy my wife.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 ONLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,767 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

Here is what I have with 77k miles on my OEM tires. I have 3/32 to 4/32 from inside to outside on fronts and 4/32 to 5/32nd's on rears. This is with 50 psi and cross rotating every oil change. BTW I saw a video that it is best to have your thickest tread on the back of car for cornering in heavy rain conditions.  I just got back from trip with heavy rain conditions and MADMAX did fine with marginal tread. :)

Paul

#23 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 959 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

Went with adjustable arms that were installed today and the wheels look so much better sitting up nice and straight.  Camber is now about -0.7 (right near the limit) instead of, like, 3 times that amount.  Bought the arms from Massive Speed System, made in USA, purple anodized aluminum (other colors available!) - a shame they're under the car where you can't see them!  BTW, web site may say they don't fit the C-Max but they do - they're on my car right now.  Go get your own set for just over $200.  (No, I have no association with Massive - just delighted to find stuff made in America.)

ey

Now I just need to keep up with tire rotations!  No more "snow tires" in summer!

EDIT 2019-03-01 No longer happy with this product!  Had to remove these arms because too much play had developed - wouldn't be able to pass inspection.  Put the old ones back in!  Not willing to throw more money away on a car with 175k+ miles.  I'll just have to put up with any increase in edge wear (or reverse mount the tires half way through their life).

Went in to rotate tires recently and they found excessive play in these adjustable arms so they have been replaced with the old ones.  Quite disgusted with the product.  Should have just put up with the tire wear I guess.  Nothing like 20-20 hindsight!  Tire shop offed to put in adjustable arms with lifetime warranty (Specialties or Moog I think) but didn't want to spend another $500+ on that option.

• ptjones likes this

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alignment, MPG, tire wear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·