Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04

Not sure on lemon laws in Michigan either but you know don't really want it to come to that. Specially since it's a great car and other then this deal with the instrument cluster never have had any issues. So hoping they can come up with something soon. Besides what have they done with all the extra parts there's no way they just have no extra parts out there for the C-Max.

Vance.  Yes it would potentially throw a wrench in the works...but it also may get their proverbial asses in gear...  Call it leverage...

Tell ford  lemon law,  buy yours back so you can buy a new one.

I do believe that once a car is branded a lemon it is titled accordingly, it looses significant value  so ford would not like to be stuck with a car that is worth significantly less as a result of it have a lemon title so its in their best interest to either...get your car back to you or buy yours back voluntarily  before being forced to buy it back through arbitration or courts.

I think as a consumer  you've been very accommodating. 

As others have said  there are always options,  salvage yard, vehicles onthe lot, ect....  Heck  would a cluster from the UK work???

Its frustrating  when the customer service people  won't think outside the box  to...well....Service the Customer...

I say  drop the Lemon Ball in their court  and see what happens.  Not like it can get much worse.  Its been a month with 3 more on the horizon...

They have their polices as what corporate office tells them to do. I'm guessing they tried that years ago, got some damaged or scratched up parts. When you think about it, their making them at a fraction of the cost!. I think if you contacted them about getting a used instrument cluster would they install it and then replace it when the new one comes in? Wouldn't hurt to ask, if you're that much of a hurry.

Edited by Robert Fugate

:doh: :rant2:We took ours in for 15B04 on June 30, 2015 they also did PCM reprograming was told it was going to take 11/2 to 2 hours. well after 5 hours they said that after the testing and updating software the system wouldn't load up.  gave us a rental said it would be done the next day.  Well he called the next morning some how they burned up our instrument cluster.  they said it would be covered under the 15B04 only they said that they were back ordered but they put it on there hot sheet. Now three weeks later I call to see what was up they said no word from ford as to when they can get a new instrument cluster and he said that now he doesn't expect to get it for at least 3 months. said that ford was doing some kind of change over. I said we really would like to get our C-Max back he said he has to keep it there till the part comes in. We never really had a issue with the battery should of left well enough alone. Even with the rental they gave us its not our C-Max only getting in the 30mpg range with the rental, when we get 42 to 48mpg with our C-max our summer is over. Will think twice before taking it in on these Customer Satisfaction programs next time if we ever get it back.      vancemi

They have their polices as what corporate office tells them to do. I'm guessing they tried that years ago, got some damaged or scratched up parts. When you think about it, their making them at a fraction of the cost!. I think if you contacted them about getting a used instrument cluster would they install it and then replace it when the new one comes in? Wouldn't hurt to ask, if you're that much of a hurry.

Loaner from June 30 and no firm date for the return of our car would definitely put ME in "that much of a hurry."

The csm handling our case called today updating me. And said he will know something this week and got all info from my dealer will call me next Friday. Seems genuinely interested in getting our C max back to us soon. I see where there are four instrument cluster's on eBay under $100? A hurry is like want it today but over a month is a bit of a stretch yes we would love to have it back like yesterday.

After experiencing a dead battery, I spent $429 having this work done in April.  Then, I get the 15B04 notice in June and think well I am sure Ford will refund my earlier expense.  The service department told me that they tried and failed to resolve the matter with ford and that I should contact the Customer Satisfaction Program representative directly.  After a somewhat unfriendly conversation with the Ford customer rep, I have been referred back to the dealer and have learned that the customer is not always right.

What "work done" are you referring to?  You could have all kinds of things done to your car (and it should have still been under warranty anyway, so I'm not sure why you even paid *anything* in the first place).

This TSB addresses some very specific things that even if done prior to this wouldn't have cost anyone around 500 dollars.  So I'm not so sure what you are talking about.

:doh: :rant2:We took ours in for 15B04 on June 30, 2015 they also did PCM reprograming was told it was going to take 11/2 to 2 hours. well after 5 hours they said that after the testing and updating software the system wouldn't load up.  gave us a rental said it would be done the next day.  Well he called the next morning some how they burned up our instrument cluster.  they said it would be covered under the 15B04 only they said that they were back ordered but they put it on there hot sheet. Now three weeks later I call to see what was up they said no word from ford as to when they can get a new instrument cluster and he said that now he doesn't expect to get it for at least 3 months. said that ford was doing some kind of change over. I said we really would like to get our C-Max back he said he has to keep it there till the part comes in. We never really had a issue with the battery should of left well enough alone. Even with the rental they gave us its not our C-Max only getting in the 30mpg range with the rental, when we get 42 to 48mpg with our C-max our summer is over. Will think twice before taking it in on these Customer Satisfaction programs next time if we ever get it back.      vancemi

Thanks for keeping us posted, John. I've updated your case notes, I see you've been in contact with your CSM.

Meagan

Update 7 weeks, So we get good and some bad news ok Monday 17th service dept. called said my cluster was taken off back order and would be in Thursday.  Tuesday the 18th service dept. called they needed our second key to reprogram, the cluster it came in on Tuesday morning truck.  So drove up to the dealer which is 45 miles away on Tuesday . Should have it on Wednesday afternoon they called Wednesday afternoon they've been unable to program the keys so car won't start.  They were in contact with ford engineer possible software issue will call tomorrow Thursday (today). They called this morning they were finally able to get the programing done today after 3rd attempt but the wrench light is on and there no faults coming up. He said plan on 3:00 today for pickup in the meantime they decided to do my brakes for no cost not sure when they would normally be done we've got 26332 miles on the car but hey free brake job. They called at 3:00 not able to clear the wrench on the panel still no faults, working with there hotline to the engineers they will try for tomorrow but won't promise. And we can almost C-Max at the end of the long tunnel. Making progress it seems. The CSM handling this called today says he will keep the case open till we get the car back in our hands and satisfied. will let you know when we get her back.

Update 7 weeks, So we get good and some bad news ok Monday 17th service dept. called said my cluster was taken off back order and would be in Thursday.  Tuesday the 18th service dept. called they needed our second key to reprogram, the cluster it came in on Tuesday morning truck.  So drove up to the dealer which is 45 miles away on Tuesday . Should have it on Wednesday afternoon they called Wednesday afternoon they've been unable to program the keys so car won't start.  They were in contact with ford engineer possible software issue will call tomorrow Thursday (today). They called this morning they were finally able to get the programing done today after 3rd attempt but the wrench light is on and there no faults coming up. He said plan on 3:00 today for pickup in the meantime they decided to do my brakes for no cost not sure when they would normally be done we've got 26332 miles on the car but hey free brake job. They called at 3:00 not able to clear the wrench on the panel still no faults, working with there hotline to the engineers they will try for tomorrow but won't promise. And we can almost C-Max at the end of the long tunnel. Making progress it seems. The CSM handling this called today says he will keep the case open till we get the car back in our hands and satisfied. will let you know when we get her back.

Doing the brakes doesn't make sense to me, unless there is some other type of "damage" to the brakes. I seem to recall some members here have over 100,000 miles on the original brakes; because of the regenerative braking, the brakes wear very slowly. I'd definitely ask about the brakes and why they felt they needed to be serviced.

Doing the brakes doesn't make sense to me, unless there is some other type of "damage" to the brakes. I seem to recall some members here have over 100,000 miles on the original brakes; because of the regenerative braking, the brakes wear very slowly. I'd definitely ask about the brakes and why they felt they needed to be serviced.

I would think the brakes could last the life of the car, because of Regen Braking. I just looked at my 105Kmi. old brakes and they could pass for new with machined marks still on them and no grooves. :)

Paul

And we can almost C-Max at the end of the long tunnel​. I did like that saying just saying.  Well we got our C-Max back today it was like seeing and old friend. What a relief 52 days crazy, but all is good drove home Got 48.7mpg got to love this car. The service advisor I been

working with said that they didn't do a brake job but they resurfaced the rotors and scraped the pads because of it setting so long the rotors were rusted up pretty good and when they test drove it they were getting a lot of pulsing in the brakes.  one thing we lost our life time summery it went back to zero. wish I had made note of it so I would know what the EV and Regen were, Only know we had 26332 miles and life time mpg was 40.9 of course they were able to set the odometer correctly.  So for a cluster $583.00 and the rental 52 days at $30 per day maybe they get a weekly discount amount $1560.00 = 2143 plus labor taxes etc. Ford really should make there parts more available to there customers it would go along way in promoting Ford as a people company. But we've own several different brands of cars but I have to say I will stay a Ford person.

I wish to thank Megan ( Ford Service) with putting me in touch with Dan from CSM and especially everyone on this forum.  I would have loved to known about this forum when we first bought our C-Max it is very informative  and I think I have learned a lot about our car that I did not know and hoping to learn a lot more Thank you all John

...I wish to thank Megan ( Ford Service) with putting me in touch with Dan from CSM and especially everyone on this forum.  I would have loved to known about this forum when we first bought our C-Max it is very informative  and I think I have learned a lot about our car that I did not know and hoping to learn a lot more Thank you all John

Glad to be of assistance!

Meagan

• 3 months later...

"I would think the brakes could last the life of the car, because of Regen Braking. I just looked at my 105Kmi. old brakes and they could pass for new with machined marks still on them and no grooves."

May depend on climate and how often the car is driven.  Rotors rust very fast when left wet.  Sitting in snow or rain, and seldom driven = lots of corrosion.

I wonder if popular spoked "mag" wheel designs make the problem worse.