Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04

Sorry to hear about that.  3-4 months for a new car part is unacceptable.  I'd go up the chain of command. 

I'm not sure the "if it isn't broken.." thing applies here.  Where do you draw the line?  No software updates ever, because the car seems to be working fine?  Is half a day without your C-max really that much of an inconvenience?

I'll assume the bright minds at Ford know much more than I do, and send my car in for all recalls, fixes and preventative measures.

Sorry to hear about that.  3-4 months for a new car part is unacceptable.  I'd go up the chain of command. 

I'm not sure the "if it isn't broken.." thing applies here.  Where do you draw the line?  No software updates ever, because the car seems to be working fine?  Is half a day without your C-max really that much of an inconvenience?

I'll assume the bright minds at Ford know much more than I do, and send my car in for all recalls, fixes and preventative measures.

This Recall is for Dead 12v Battery problems, if you aren't having dead battery problems as in Vancemi's case it would seem you are exposing yourself to more risk as it turned out. Something about "Murphy's Law".  About a month ago I had my first dead 12v battery problem caused by Radio Audio Module shorting out with 101Kmi.  I doubt they did the update, but maybe it was part of the Module installation.  If it wasn't, I'm not going to do it. IMO :)

Paul

15B04 & 15E03 today; 3 hours; great service at Pierre Ford, Seattle.  Happy :victory:

15B04:  "Performed recall.  Battery failed diagnostic test. 
              DTC Code:  14J9S, UJ3S0, 982.  ACES Code: X676L.  Replaced Battery
              Reprogrammed PCM, DC, FCDIM, GWM and IPC to latest Calibration
              Cleared Codes.  Wiring Harness passed inspection"

Agreeing with Adrian, I'll go with 'an ounce of prevention ................' for my overused clichés.  Not to mention the "bright minds at Ford", and steady hands of good dealer techs .......  (yes, perhaps a little dicey at some dealers on rare occasions)

Vancemi's issue sounds like gross 'operator error' at the dealer to me, and a very flukey 1 in x00,000 statistical outlier, just MHO.

New 'juice' (a nice fresh battery) every 2.5 years works for me, (get it done folks) 

Nick    

PS; For the record, we have never had any battery issues in 2.5 years, and have on two occasions garaged the car for 4 weeks un-driven.

PSS: Regarding 'if it isn't broke ................'.  If you don't have it checked, you will never know if it is in the process of breaking / about to break / destined to break ................................................  when you least want it to ........................

Edited by C-MaxSea

:doh: :rant2:We took ours in for 15B04 on June 30, 2015 they also did PCM reprograming was told it was going to take 11/2 to 2 hours. well after 5 hours they said that after the testing and updating software the system wouldn't load up.  gave us a rental said it would be done the next day.  Well he called the next morning some how they burned up our instrument cluster.  they said it would be covered under the 15B04 only they said that they were back ordered but they put it on there hot sheet. Now three weeks later I call to see what was up they said no word from ford as to when they can get a new instrument cluster and he said that now he doesn't expect to get it for at least 3 months. said that ford was doing some kind of change over. I said we really would like to get our C-Max back he said he has to keep it there till the part comes in. We never really had a issue with the battery should of left well enough alone. Even with the rental they gave us its not our C-Max only getting in the 30mpg range with the rental, when we get 42 to 48mpg with our C-max our summer is over. Will think twice before taking it in on these Customer Satisfaction programs next time if we ever get it back.      vancemi

That is a real pain to be without the car for 3 months but at least they gave you a rental car.   Maybe the mileage is less but there is no wear and tear on the C-Max during this time either.

Contacted the Ford rep on our forum gave all the specifics, going to see what they can find out. Thanks for everybody's input will keep everyone informed how it goes. And my dealer is 40 miles away there is one here but have been very disappionted in there work in the padt that's why we bought it at the other dealer. am hoping this was just a fluke never had problems with them before.

This was posted today on OASIS.  Does anyone have any additional info?  Ford reps?

Jul 21 2015 1689-Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04 - Supplement #1

Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04 - Supplement #1: Certain 2013 and 2014 Model Year C-MAX Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) - 12 Volt Battery Test and Module Software Update. Please see FMCDealer.com for more details.

Just a little follow up the ford rep here on this site has forwarded my info to the regional ford rep for my dealer. Said they would be contacting me shortly. Hope so having issues with the rental now, transmission keeps slipping be driving down the road and the car just slows down to a stop and rpms go sky hi been lucky there's not been a lot of traffic when it happens so Monday need to call the rental place to see about a different rental. Maybe i'll stop buy the dealer which is just across the road and bag for our c-max its like missing family. were at one month and waiting. :cry:

John

• 2 weeks later...

ok as far as 15B04 everything updated, and the car and is ready to go once they get a instrument cluster. Well here's the latest on my C-Max. the ford regional rep called today to give me his contact info said he will give me updates weekly he has a meeting on Friday on this and will contact me either Friday or the following Monday sounds good right.. He did say there is a back order of the instrument cluster nation wide not good. About 15 minutes later the service manager where my c-max is, called me to say that as it stands today it will be another 3 months maybe. So that's putting into October not really feeling the love here. Was up in Kalamazoo on Thursday needed to go back to the rental place apparently each month we need to go in and redo paper work. So stopped at the dealer to get more info and get a few things out of the car of course the battery was dead setting there over a month. So sad seeing our car and not able to drive it home. John

ok as far as 15B04 everything updated, and the car and is ready to go once they get a instrument cluster. Well here's the latest on my C-Max. the ford regional rep called today to give me his contact info said he will give me updates weekly he has a meeting on Friday on this and will contact me either Friday or the following Monday sounds good right.. He did say there is a back order of the instrument cluster nation wide not good. About 15 minutes later the service manager where my c-max is, called me to say that as it stands today it will be another 3 months maybe. So that's putting into October not really feeling the love here. Was up in Kalamazoo on Thursday needed to go back to the rental place apparently each month we need to go in and redo paper work. So stopped at the dealer to get more info and get a few things out of the car of course the battery was dead setting there over a month. So sad seeing our car and not able to drive it home. John

Thanks for keeping us posted, John. I've updated your case notes, I see you've been in contact with your CSM.

Meagan

Vance....bummer about the car....lemon laws in va state that three times to make the repair or a continued down time of thirty consecutive days would qualify the car for lemon law buyback proceedings. You hate to go that route. But....three plus months with out your car and paying for more gas than you'd normally use is just salt in the wound, and you're maybe making payments on a car you can't use.... Michigan laws may be similar....may get ford to move a bit faster

Just got back from a two week trip where my cmax sat garaged and unused. Started right up with no batty issue. I was a bit worried as I left my iPod plugged in for the entire time....

Thanks for keeping us posted, John. I've updated your case notes, I see you've been in contact with your CSM.

Meagan

FordService,

We love our C-Max, "talk it up" any chance we get and will continue to do so but this repair issue is ridiculous.  Can't you take the following simple steps (remembering that CSP stands for Customer Satisfaction Program):

1. Get an instrument cluster from a wrecking yard
  2. Install it in vancemi's car (call it a troubleshooting step if need be!)
  3. When the new one comes in, install that one in the car
  4. Give the used one to vancemi so it can be sold on ebay (or whatever)

Forget the "policies" - put the customer first.

(Just my 2c.)

You know that sounds to logical and a simple fix that would make us very happy but they probably won't see it that way but I will bring this up to my csm when we talk again cause we really want are car back and really could care less if the cluster is new or from a wrecked car thanks everyone john

This was posted today on OASIS.  Does anyone have any additional info?  Ford reps?

Jul 21 2015 1689-Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04 - Supplement #1

Customer Satisfaction Program 15B04 - Supplement #1: Certain 2013 and 2014 Model Year C-MAX Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) - 12 Volt Battery Test and Module Software Update. Please see FMCDealer.com for more details.

I'm still interested in learning how "Supplement #1" changes the original CSP.  Anyone?

and get a few things out of the car of course the battery was dead setting there over a month.

Not good.  They should have put it on a trickle charger when they found out it would take a while to get the part.  Allowing a battery to run completely dead shortens the life of the battery.  With all you have been through, I would ask for a new battery.

Not sure on lemon laws in Michigan either but you know don't really want it to come to that. Specially since it's a great car and other then this deal with the instrument cluster never have had any issues. So hoping they can come up with something soon. Besides what have they done with all the extra parts there's no way they just have no extra parts out there for the C-Max.

We bought a new Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in 83, the door lock button was broken when we picked it up.

Salesman said to give him a few minutes.

He told us the service dept. was taking one off of the other Turbo Coupe and would be ready in a few minutes...

Maybe Meagan could ask your "CSM".

Not good.  They should have put it on a trickle charger when they found out it would take a while to get the part.  Allowing a battery to run completely dead shortens the life of the battery.  With all you have been through, I would ask for a new battery.

Very true but in many cases "dead" could mean that the car would not start.  The C-Max shuts everything down at some voltage so the battery does not go completely dead.  Any kind of voltage boost generally will get everything going again. 

We bought a new Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in 83, the door lock button was broken when we picked it up.

Salesman said to give him a few minutes.

He told us the service dept. was taking one off of the other Turbo Coupe and would be ready in a few minutes...

Maybe Meagan could ask your "CSM".

I had a Plymouth Satellite in the 70's. The air conditioner pump pulley broke. They said the car was too new and the parts were not in the system yet. After a week of waiting, the dealer's service manager drove to a Flint, Michigan factory where the A/C pumps were manufactured and got them to give him a new pulley off of the line. He brought it back to Ypsilanti and installed it in my car.

That is service!

FordService,

We love our C-Max, "talk it up" any chance we get and will continue to do so but this repair issue is ridiculous.  Can't you take the following simple steps (remembering that CSP stands for Customer Satisfaction Program):

1. Get an instrument cluster from a wrecking yard
  2. Install it in vancemi's car (call it a troubleshooting step if need be!)
  3. When the new one comes in, install that one in the car
  4. Give the used one to vancemi so it can be sold on ebay (or whatever)

Forget the "policies" - put the customer first.

(Just my 2c.)

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback, SnowStorm. I'll be happy to document it. 

CSP 15B04 refers to a concern with the battery, not the instrument cluster. I see his CSM is working with his dealer for a resolution. For any additional options, he'll need to continue working with them.

...Maybe Meagan could ask your "CSM".

Hi wab, 

CSM's are the decision makers in the case; I do not have the ability to overturn decisions. Vancemi is able to discuss options with his CSM. :)

Meagan

Edited by FordService

Meagan,

Maybe you could answer a concern of mine regarding this.  I know this is supposed to "end" in May 2016, but I don't quite understand how a fix for a fault in the car could "end".  IOW, if some time next year someone has a battery problem, are you saying Ford won't apply this fix or if they do apply it they will charge for it?

My problem is I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken, due both to the possibility they make break other things (as noted here) as well as the time it will take to do this (as my dealership is 50 miles away and thus requires me to basically stay there the entire day).  OTOH, if I do have a battery problem in a year or two (still under warranty) I'm concerned the dealership will say "tough".

I had a Plymouth Satellite in the 70's. The air conditioner pump pulley broke. They said the car was too new and the parts were not in the system yet. After a week of waiting, the dealer's service manager drove to a Flint, Michigan factory where the A/C pumps were manufactured and got them to give him a new pulley off of the line. He brought it back to Ypsilanti and installed it in my car.

That is service!

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback, SnowStorm. I'll be happy to document it. 

CSP 15B04 refers to a concern with the battery, not the instrument cluster. I see his CSM is working with his dealer for a resolution. For any additional options, he'll need to continue working with them.

Hi wab, 

CSM's are the decision makers in the case; I do not have the ability to overturn decisions. Vancemi is able to discuss options with his CSM. :)

Meagan

Some "decision makers" only think in a straight line.

"Car is broken, order part, put part on car, next problem, etc."

Some "decision makers" can't think in a straight line.

"Car is broken ... parts on back order... we have 6 on the lot...hhmmm... happy customer"

Maybe a well worded email (one of our demonstrator C-Max will be out of service for a few weeks) from you could knock a couple of months off of this problem...

Meagan,

Maybe you could answer a concern of mine regarding this.  I know this is supposed to "end" in May 2016, but I don't quite understand how a fix for a fault in the car could "end".  IOW, if some time next year someone has a battery problem, are you saying Ford won't apply this fix or if they do apply it they will charge for it?

My problem is I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken, due both to the possibility they make break other things (as noted here) as well as the time it will take to do this (as my dealership is 50 miles away and thus requires me to basically stay there the entire day).  OTOH, if I do have a battery problem in a year or two (still under warranty) I'm concerned the dealership will say "tough".

Great question, Kelleytoons.

CSP's and recalls have 'expiration dates' so to speak, as customers generally get them taken care of sooner rather than later. There's always a possibility for other fixes, CSP's, recalls, ect to happen for anything. As I'm not an engineer, I have no way of knowing or anticipating this and thus wouldn't be able to comment on them further than this. So, it's not that the fix itself expires, it's that anyone with the concern should have been taken care of by then. Should someone have a similar concern post end date, I recommend they speak to their dealer about it, and then contact one of us here, on Twitter, or Facebook. We'll be glad to look into any way we can help. 

Some "decision makers" only think in a straight line.

"Car is broken, order part, put part on car, next problem, etc."

Some "decision makers" can't think in a straight line.

"Car is broken ... parts on back order... we have 6 on the lot...hhmmm... happy customer"

Maybe a well worded email (one of our demonstrator C-Max will be out of service for a few weeks) from you could knock a couple of months off of this problem...

That's a valid point, and I see where you're coming from. The CSM is my highest point of contact, meaning I don't have the same resources as them, and they have more of a full picture than I do. They're able to look into specific ways of assisting (that I can't speculate on, as all cases are different) which I do not have available to me. Basically, me getting a customer in touch with their CSM is the theoretical "well worded email" situation you're looking for. The case is in the hands of the CSM, who works with the dealer, and I'm an additional liaison at this point in terms of documenting feedback from the customer. I don't have any pull over their decisions and cannot overturn them.

Meagan