Wrong MPH Sign in GPS

steveaux

I have a 2013 C-max Hybrid SE and since I have owned it, the MPH sign (in the bottom left corner) on the GPS that tells you what the speed limit is on the road you are on has always shown 74 MPH for 75 and 80 MPH zones (we can drive 80 in UT).

I brought this up to my dealer and submitted a ticket online long ago, but never heard back from anyone.  Not a big deal, but it seems like an easy fix

Is this an issue in other models as well

I don't have the ford GPS,  but my garmin usually would  display the correct speed limit,

Usually its correct.  sometimes it woudl be wrong.  IE display 65 in a 70,  or 35 in a 25.

I just chalked it up to software.  I would imagine that  the gps speed limits  may not be 100% correct,  juts like the roads my not be 100% correct.  I can't imagine the leg work that must be involved to drive every single road and note the exact spot the speed limits change.

but for it to display 74 as the speed limit all the time.  is a bit odd

This is likely caused by an outdated (or maybe an error since it shows 74) on the Map SD card, particularly since the speed limited was raised to 80 in September of 2013. The speed limit information is taken from the maps SD card and will not updated if the speed limits change. I'd try a newer SD card, either the A5 or A6, and see if that corrects the issue. You can find the A6, the most recent map, on eBay for under $100 and the A5 typically for $35 or so.