Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Emission Recall 15E03

recall emmission 15E03 PCM Powertrain Control Module

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Bingo.  Very complex / sophisticated teenagers !

Very thankful here for the little bit of tweaking from the mother ship.

Nick

It seems like there are a few jokes in there, such as the hybrids having the sophistication/complexity that other teens aspire to.  ;)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 146 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

We had some of the original 2010 Fusion Hybrids, and the Escape Hybrid here at work, quite frankly I was not that impressed considering the hybrid versions didn't get that much more MPG and were significantly more expensive.

The C-MAX was the first hybrid that really seemed to use some of the cross-licensed Toyota tech, but Ford somehow managed to make the performance of the C-MAX much nicer (I test drove a Prius V and it was sooo sluggish).  The panoramic roof was a nice option that is hard to find on cars less than $30K..It was the first one that really seemed like a true hybrid to me - enough to make me want to buy one when the price dropped below $24K.

I had a Prius, and as far as I'm concerned the hatchback is still one of the best sedans out there, smooth, quiet, relatively powerful, no other 87 octane car can get 49-50MPG..

Using Li-on batteries was a risk Toyota didn't want to take because the NiMh batteries seemed safer, and more reliable - they did a lot of things like using AGM battery instead of liquid battery, to try to make things safer in a crash.  Even so in 15 years of Prius being on the road people are just now starting to trust the battery packs so maybe Toyota didn't want to take that risk without more testing. 

Li-on batteries can explode violently if not built and maintained properly (look at the knock offs in the news lately and the Dreamliner airplane)..  So yeah it's a risk, but using those packs Ford was able to equip a much bigger vehicle, provide better performance and use EV more aggressively than Toyota.  I guess that risk is part of buying the car.  At least they are covering some of the faults with recalls.  Even with all of the TSBs I still like my C-MAX, wish Ford would market them more aggressively but I am seeing more of them on the road now anyway.

#23 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

I don't see the switch to the LiON battery a major change. ...

Then you're likely not an engineer.

#24 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,114 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Then you're likely not an engineer.

There is a very noticeable difference driving between an FEH and CMAX from my experience. ICE Charging is a lot faster in in CMAX. :) 

Frank I PM ed you.

Paul 

#25 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,114 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

We had some of the original 2010 Fusion Hybrids, and the Escape Hybrid here at work, quite frankly I was not that impressed considering the hybrid versions didn't get that much more MPG and were significantly more expensive.

The C-MAX was the first hybrid that really seemed to use some of the cross-licensed Toyota tech, but Ford somehow managed to make the performance of the C-MAX much nicer (I test drove a Prius V and it was sooo sluggish).  The panoramic roof was a nice option that is hard to find on cars less than $30K..It was the first one that really seemed like a true hybrid to me - enough to make me want to buy one when the price dropped below $24K.

I had a Prius, and as far as I'm concerned the hatchback is still one of the best sedans out there, smooth, quiet, relatively powerful, no other 87 octane car can get 49-50MPG..

Using Li-on batteries was a risk Toyota didn't want to take because the NiMh batteries seemed safer, and more reliable - they did a lot of things like using AGM battery instead of liquid battery, to try to make things safer in a crash.  Even so in 15 years of Prius being on the road people are just now starting to trust the battery packs so maybe Toyota didn't want to take that risk without more testing. 

Li-on batteries can explode violently if not built and maintained properly (look at the knock offs in the news lately and the Dreamliner airplane)..  So yeah it's a risk, but using those packs Ford was able to equip a much bigger vehicle, provide better performance and use EV more aggressively than Toyota.  I guess that risk is part of buying the car.  At least they are covering some of the faults with recalls.  Even with all of the TSBs I still like my C-MAX, wish Ford would market them more aggressively but I am seeing more of them on the road now anyway.

I had both 2008 and 2010 FEH's and was getting low 40's City and 30-35 HWY which was way better than ICE Escape, It was all about how you drive them. :)

Paul

#26 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,315 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

And I'll re-post this link, for those interested in battery technology. Each technology is unique, even as they all do the same thing.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

Frank

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recall, emmission, 15E03, PCM, Powertrain Control Module

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·