2016 Order Guide/Upholstery Guide

These were just posted on the Blue Oval Forum. It doesn't look like there are any changes other than exterior colors and a two tone seat/bolster.

attachicon.gif2016 C-MAX Hybrid Order Guide.pdf

attachicon.gif2016 C-MAX Color-Upholstery-Wheel Guide.pdf

It does mention: New — Standard EcoSelect Button — SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System. Includes 8” LCD Touch Screen in Center Stack with Swiping and Pinch-to-Zoom Capabilities, AppLink™, 911 Assist® and Two Smart Charging USB ports – Replaced 15MY SYNC® with MyFord Touch®

So this does confirm that the 2016 Hybrid will have Sync 3. I also have to wonder what the EcoSelect button is going to do.

Oops, missed the SYNC 3 upgrade. I don't know what the Eco Select is, isn't usually a gearing thing for city/highway?

A little search and it appears that the Eco Select is the button on the Energi models, that toggles between EV Now, EV Later, and Auto EV. I'm not quite sure what to think with it being a new feature, though hopefully it will be a way to put the car into EV+ mode, or something similar.

I also noticed on the other thread that the Rear View Camera is listed as a standard feature; I believe that is a federal requirement for the 2016 model year. It seems strange that change isn't listed here, but still shows it as an option included with the 302A option package. Edit: It appears that the rear view camera requirement has been pushed back to 2019 -- so it will be interesting to see if this is standard.

Edited by raadsel

They must have renamed the EV Selector to Eco Select. It's always been there and it is how you toggle between EV, Hybrid (Auto) and ICE. I don't know why they would list that feature in the Hybrid order guide??

Edited by timwil56

They must have renamed the EV Selector to Eco Select. It's always been there and it is how you toggle between EV, Hybrid (Auto) and ICE. I don't know why they would list that feature in the Hybrid order guide??

Again, it is listed as a new feature, so perhaps they are adding a similar button to the hybrid? I did just find where Ford applied for a Trademark in February of this year. The application state that it is, "computerized electronic controls for motor vehicles to manage engine, powertrain, battery and climate control functions."

OTOH, the only references I find to it are on Energi models. Such as this article on price cuts mentions, "More than that, the Energi is expected to offer a new EcoSelect driving mode than can activate additional regenerative braking as well as more gentle acceleration as Ford look keen on attracting buyers' attention towards its eco-friendly models."

So it might just be mentioned as a new feature, because it will be something new on the Energi -- though I'm sure most of us would appreciate something like that on the hybrid.

Edited by raadsel

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, a LOT of people have been asking for something like EcoSelect. :happy feet:  This is what it does.

EcoSelect  • Allows the vehicle to operate more efficiently with only a slight impact on vehicle performance.

Drivers may notice:

– Less aggressive heating and cooling

– Softer acceleration

– Increased regenerative braking

– Changes in engine behavior

– EcoCruise activation

This is on the 16 Hybrid along with Sync 3.  Wish we could have paid for an upgrade to Sync 3 on the 15'.  Just got my 15' Energi.

The EcoSelect 'button'/option might help some achieve better MPG - excellent.  

(Guessing it may get nicknamed the 'Prius' button - less power, less fun, parade wave ..........  ;)  ;) ;) - but that's OK)

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Guys, a LOT of people have been asking for something like EcoSelect. :happy feet:  This is what it does.

EcoSelect  • Allows the vehicle to operate more efficiently with only a slight impact on vehicle performance.

Drivers may notice:

– Softer acceleration

– EcoCruise activation

This is on the 16 Hybrid along with Sync 3.  Wish we could have paid for an upgrade to Sync 3 on the 15'.  Just got my 15' Energi.

Awesome, I need this for when my other half drives the car.  Now I need a way to lock it in.  I try to get the best MPG and I think his goal is to see how much lower he can get than the rated MPG   :banghead:

Good idea because many just want to drive the car and not try to get better MPG.   Using this mode might help a lot of people get better MPG

Awesome, I need this for when my other half drives the car.  Now I need a way to lock it in.  I try to get the best MPG and I think his goal is to see how much lower he can get than the rated MPG   :banghead:

Good idea because many just want to drive the car and not try to get better MPG.   Using this mode might help a lot of people get better MPG

It sounds like it would be a good option to be able to lock in with MyKey. I can think several people might appreciate being able to lock it in for teen drivers, as well.

• 2 months later...

Drivers may notice:

– Softer acceleration

– EcoCruise activation

2 modes - I like it!  Softer acceleration sounds like less aggressive gearing and lower revs for a given speed and throttle position - nice for long uphill climbs without reving the engine like crazy

I wish we also had more than 1 hill descent mode.  Going down steep grades to and from the AZ mountains, the hill descent mode gets the engine screaming at ~4,000 RPM.  It's probably not harmful, but it sounds bad

Really??  I remember watching a documentary with a bunch of Ford Engineers and they were dead against Prius-esque "mode" buttons---they felt they were "gimmicky". 

Well, I don't think they are gimmicky, if they actually do something, and if there are reasons why each mode could be the best under certain conditions.  For example, if a car has adjustable suspension, but the sport setting always seems to be the best setting, regardless of driver or road conditions, then sure, the adjustable suspension is nothing more than a gimmick.

Sounds like the 2016 Eco mode disables some features I like best about our 2013 C-MAX Hybrid:

• Aggressive cooling when the car's been parked in the hot sun all day.
  • Quick acceleration available, when desired, by simply pressing the accelerator.
  • Eco cruise for decent (though maybe not maximum) mpg's in many driving situations, allowing the driver to just drive, instead of constant pulse and glide calculations.

I guess these features just don't appeal to Prius owners who might otherwise consider switching to a Ford hybrid.

Sounds like the 2016 Eco mode disables some features I like best about our 2013 C-MAX Hybrid:

• Aggressive cooling when the car's been parked in the hot sun all day.
  • Quick acceleration available, when desired, by simply pressing the accelerator.
  • Eco cruise for decent (though maybe not maximum) mpg's in many driving situations, allowing the driver to just drive, instead of constant pulse and glide calculations.

I guess these features just don't appeal to Prius owners who might otherwise consider switching to a Ford hybrid.

It sounds like Ford is giving us a choice, have it work as normal or choose to have it in a more Prius-like mode, to get max mpg.

• 3 months later...

One feature that was added to Sync3 in the 2016 is the more detailed information on the trip computer for Avg Speed for trip, which is nice to determine your ACTUAL hwy/city split numbers as per Fuelly so that your % city % hwy numbers will be more accurate instead of just a guess

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/dashboard-instrument-cluster/trip-computer-and-message-center.html?model=C-MAX%20Hybrid&year=2016

http://www.fuelly.com/tips/555/Find-your-true-cityhighway-driving-splits

I made an excel chart as a lookup table for you to use

Avg speed of 48 mi/hr or better is 100% hwy / 0 % city

Avg speed of 21 mi/hr or lower is 100% city / 0 % hwy

the in between splits are based on the formula from the Fuelly link provided above

this is what the EPA uses for their city/hwy splits

each 1.35 mi/hr more on the avg trip speed (starting at 21 mi/hr) increases the % hwy % by 5%

each 2.7 mi/hr more on the avg trip speed (starting at 21 m/hr) increases the % hwy % by 10%

see attached word doc file that I pasted my excel file info into (it wouldnt let me upload the excel file)

Avg Speed Lookup Table for Fuelly Splits - Doc File.doc

Edited by salsaguy

FWIW, the 2013 trip has elapsed time, so I've been calculating average speed for each fill-up all along. Seems my rural commuting route is ~33% highway!

BTW, this gives the right answers; the posted version has "percent city" at the end. .

% Hwy = 100*(Avg. Speed - 21) / (48-21)

HAve fun,

Frank