DRIVER'S VIEW

marshtex2

These pix are of one of my favorite settings on my 2015 C-Max SE with the Group 203A package.  In the MFT Screen the engine had come on and is charging the batteries.

attachicon.gifSpeedometer Group 1.jpgattachicon.gifMFT Screen 1.jpg

Can't do that to the right of the speedo on the 2013 cars.  Wish I could.

Does the 2015 still have the "efficiency leaves"?  Is what is shown here an alternative to the leaves or a replacement?

Some answers here.  This 2015 does have Sync.  I never see a whole screen full of leaves like came up on the right on my 2013 C-Max.  Phone calls overlay the right screen but go away after I've handled them. Entertainment things come up on the large MFT screen.

M

The right hand dash screen in my 2015 with MFT and navigation has screen selections for Phone, Entertainment, Navigation, and Fuel Economy.  The fuel economy options show the average fuel economy over a selectable time of 5,10, or 30 minutes.  A vertical bar graph shows the different past MPGs according to the time selected and the current MPG.  Unfortunately, there is no read out for fuel used.

The fuel leaves are found under the fuel Economy in a different display using the right steering wheel buttons.  There is also a selection called Coach that shows a horizontal bar graph for acceleration, braking, and cruising efficiency.  The bars are amber when half full or less, and turn blue and fill up with a number also showing your "grade" up to 100.

The navigation shows the street name that I am driving on, the direction I am driving, and the speed limit when that information is available.  I'm not sure if turn by turn or other directions are shown when I am driving with a destination on the main center dash screen.  My Edge did show that, but I haven't tried it in the C-Max yet.

Is973800H, thanks for those details.

Although my C-Max is not an Energi plug–in, the screens seem to be the same as you describe.

With the navigation screen I have had it take me to a requested destination and it did give turn by turn directions.   However, it seemed to be a bit flakey, e.g., occasionally it didn't speak out on a turn that it did show on the map and once it let me miss the turn and didn't say a word; maybe I didn't give it time because I knew where I wanted to go anyway and turned around and quickly got back on track.  At the end it told me how long I took but I didn't see how far I drove.  Yes, I see the street name I'm driving on but I wish the print were larger.  A couple of things from my old Garmin aftermarket GPS I would dearly like to find on the Ford but can't.  1. The name of the next upcoming cross street.  2. A trip-computer screen that gives info like driving time, stopped time, total time, average moving speed, average overall speed and max speed.  I'm hoping those things are there but I just haven't figured out how to bring them out yet.  Help, anyone?

Yes, I saw that today.  I was out driving and put in a destination on the navigation center screen.  I then made sure the right screen was set on navigation, and it showed the upcoming turn and in how long of a distance.  I only left it on for a minute or so just to see if it had that capability. 

Try having the center navigation screen active, and use the zoom feature to have a distance of 300 feet or so.  This should be able to show the upcoming cross streets as you are traveling.  You can always try different distances to see what works best for you.  You could leave the big screen zoomed in close, and use the right screen for any upcoming turns and distances to them.  

A few of the things you would like to see such as time to destination and mileage can be found by following the owner manual information.  For total time, why not reset Trip 1 which will keep track of time and miles driven?

The ETA box under the zoom buttons
appears when a route is active and
displays the distance and time to your
destination. If the button is pressed, a pop
up appears with the destination listed (and
waypoint if applicable) along with mileage
and time to destination. You may also
select to have either the estimated time
to reach your destination or your estimated
arrival time.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you ask? Has there been an update for 2013 vehicles that changed what can be displayed on the right (efficiency leaf) side?

I ask because I have a '13 which has (3) campaign notices, to be dealer completed yet.

Have you had all the listed updates done, as can be acquired from the ETIS page with your VIN?  

Three things...

Bill N is nice enough to post Ford's service notices, with full text. It's not difficult to read the application notes for items pertaining to your car and find out what Ford thinks is wrong. You won't find anything new pertaining to MFT or Sync, and old ones are repairs.

Since we all asked this question two years ago, we know that Ford designed the system so left and right pods are independent. Left shows engine data, right shows entertainment/environment system data. They purposely can't communicate, so Sync can't affect the car's operation.

Ford announced in 2013 they were dumping Microsoft's mobile platform for Research in Motion's. It would be reasonable to expect the switch to be implemented a couple years later, assuming RIM was not new to this, and they weren't. That means the differences start at the operating system, like running an iPhone app on your Android.

Please stop thinking of yourself and a font of information making valuable contributions to this forum. Try learning first...

Have fun,

Frank