Peeling paint on bumper

Kristini

Has anyone had a problem with paint peeling around back up sensors on rear bumper?  Just noticed this and wonder if this is covered under warranty.

Hi Kristini,

Per your Warranty Guide:

For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty − our policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust, deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples are:

...stone chips, scratches (some examples are on paint and glass)...

Meagan

Edited by FordService

I love my car andI park my car in a garage. I take very good care of my car wash often and park very far away so I don't get dings.  There are no scratches or stone chips. The paint looks like it didn;t  stick to the bumper under the sensor. I would expect more from a car I purchased new for over $30,000. My last 4 cars (Hondas) were purchased new and driven 3 to 10 yrs.  They never had a paint problem. This is my very first Ford and might be my last if I have to pay for this. Also 2 new recalls I lost count how many this makes. Have been trying to get the airbag recall done for 8 months they keep putting me off because they can't get the parts.