Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Build Quality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Houston91

Houston91

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Coax

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

I own a 2015 CMAX but before the car reached 900 miles it began making a loud rattling noise from the right front wheel well.
After several trips to multiple dealerships numerous test drive several technicians tell me that it's my imagination ETC, set out on a mission to reproduce this sound I go to one last dealership after a extended test drive on different pavement the noise is reproduce It is taken for evaluation and determined that it is a defective strut mount. First thought why doesn't automaker distributor cars that have defective parts from day one?
Secondly it turns out that the part was on backorder because it had been redesigned more than three times from the time my model went down line 11/15 & the time that they called me to tell me to part arrived after furiously calling & speaking to a regional customer service representative it seems as if though Ford knows of the said defect but still released the car for consumer purchase & use.
The car is definitely engineered beyond normal for its class however attention to detail fit, finish & build quality is less than acceptable.
It is unfortunate that an American company that sells cars globaly is not more committed to evaluating the safety of the product before it's released to the marketplace it appeers in effort to capture sales they over look consumer satisfaction and safety, SHAME on FORD.

Edited by Houston91, 26 June 2015 - 06:50 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationLake County, Ohio
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

It is unfortunate that an American company that sells cars globaly is not more committed to evaluating the safety of the product before it's released to the marketplace it appeers in effort to capture sales they over look consumer satisfaction and safety, SHAME on FORD.

First I have never heard of or read of this problem.  If your 2015 built in November has had three design changes to this part already, earlier models such as the 2014 and maybe even the 2013 must also have used the same part.   How is the noise a safety issue?  You never gave more information other than you had to go on an extended test drive over various types of pavement before the noise was reproduced.

ANY car manufacturer will have items that fail, regardless of testing.  In todays world economy, the defective part could have been assembled or manufactured anywhere.

How is Ford not committed to evaluating the safety of their products?  I have worked in MANY Ford, GM, and Chrysler Plants as an outside contractor and  have witnessed some of their safety evaluations and product testing.

So you got a car with a bad strut mount.  It's not the end of the world.  If it bothers you that much, trade it in for a Toyota or Honda.  I hear their cars are so reliable that they never have recalls or mechanics in their service departments.  :lol:

• C-MaxSea, DaveofDurham, Adrian_L and 1 other like this

#3 OFFLINE   edward stewart

edward stewart

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNorth of Atlanta GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max se

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

So you got a car with a bad strut mount.  It's not the end of the world.  If it bothers you that much, trade it in for a Toyota orHonda.  I hear their cars are so reliable that they never have recalls or mechanics in their service departments.  

That would be Roll's Royce, they never break down. \

As to the rest of the post, It's called 

MASS PRODUCTION

• brbevil likes this

#4 OFFLINE   cheezy

cheezy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMW
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Secondly it turns out that the part was on backorder because it had been redesigned more than three times from the time my model went down line 11/15 & the time that they called me to tell me to part arrived after 

It's actually only 07/15. 

#5 OFFLINE   Robert Fugate

Robert Fugate

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Their's over 10,000 moving parts in a car. Years ago it was the norm to take a new car in 2 to 3 times to get all the bugs worked out.

#6 OFFLINE   fcforce

fcforce

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Did the dealership ever resolve your problem? I am having the same issue.

Edited by fcforce, 21 August 2015 - 04:37 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·