air on coming out on floor vent. by brake pedal.

Hello I wanna know if anyone else has this problem. I have a 2014 c max and have noticed that there is a flow of air that comes out by the brake pedal. Even when I have the selector control set for top vents only. Or even set for the defrost. Normally I don't mind the air but when the air gets really cold and wear sandals my feet get really cold and almost numb when I drive for a long distance. I took it to the dealer to have that checked out. And while I was there it occurred to me to check on the newer model. 2015 & 2016. And noticed that those have the same issue. This is my first vehicle that has that problem. All my other cars only pass air when that vent is selected but not this one.

So my question is has anyone noticed and complained about this? Does Ford know about this issue? Is there a fix?.

I'm not sure if it is a problem, as such.  On my GMC van I notice hot air on my feet when the heater is set for defrost.  Basically it just means that the flap controlling the air flow is not a tight seal, allowing light flow to other vents.

If I may ask, why not just turn off the air/ac completely?

Edited by Adrian_L

I'm wondering why this is in the C-Max spottings forum?

I'm not sure where I saw it, likely in the owner's manual, but I recall reading that it is normal. It shouldn't be as heavy a flow of air, like is coming out of the center vents, but that some air intentionally will at times come out of the floor/defrost vents, even when the flow is supposed to come out of the center vents.