Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Drive-In disappointment

Drive-In DRLs FordServiceCA

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   livesmith

livesmith

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 83 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWestern NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi with Pano Roof

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

I'm guessing you haven't tried this procedure for more than ten minutes and you're going to be pretty disappointed at the drive in. At least that's how mine is. What you describe gives me ten minutes then powers itself off to "save power". Then I can turn it on again for another ten minutes and it powers off. At that point I have to actually "start" the car (and the headlights will be on) to get anything more out of the sound system.

I think the only way I'd take the C Max to the drive in would be planning on disconnecting the headlights.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2,022 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Yes,10 minutes is the maximum you will get after the 12 V battery age is reset to zero months (per my observation on a US model) before shutdown to save power.  It will be a lot less like down to a few minutes as the battery ages to say 4 - 5 years.  The "good" news is that with the FORSCan APP the battery age can be reset anytime that you want to and thus keep the shutdown cycle to around 10 minutes. :)  The unknown though is we don't know the effect battery age has on charging algorithm for the 12 V battery and the life of the battery.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, 04 July 2018 - 11:51 AM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·