Oil change light cme on prematurely

I have a 2014 Cmax hybriD SE.  The Oil was changed after 9 months with only about 3000 miles on it on June 2015. I did this early because it was convenient as I had the car in the shop for other issues. Yesterday the Oil change light came on . This is definitely wrong. I was wondering whether I should just reset the warning light or bring the car to the shop in case there is a sensor problem .   Advise?

I have a 2014 Cmax hybriD SE.  The Oil was changed after 9 months with only about 3000 miles on it on June 2015. I did this early because it was convenient as I had the car in the shop for other issues. Yesterday the Oil change light came on . This is definitely wrong. I was wondering whether I should just reset the warning light or bring the car to the shop in case there is a sensor problem .   Advise?

I would say that where you had your oil changed did not reset it. It should be ok to reset. And having only 3000 miles is way to soon to do a oil change I do mine at 10,000 miles the oil still looks good at the oil change. What oil did you use I believe most on here use full synthetic.

We inherited this car at 8K, and the oil was changed the first time at 5.6K, similarly short the expected 10K interval. That interval has been met by the three oil changes I've done, and with oil analysis to show the oil was still. in-spec.

You're safe to reset the counter, as several have suggested.

Frank