Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Aftermarket Apple Car Play / Android Auto

car play apple android google infotainment sync my ford touch microsoft aftermarket install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mumblyjoe

mumblyjoe

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

Hi there,

Ford has decided to dump the "Sync with My Ford Touch" deal with Microsoft and go with a QNX system in the 2016 models but it sounds like they aren't going to offer that as an upgrade install for current owners.

Like a lot of people (and Ford itself, apparently) find the My Ford Touch system kind of crummy but I'm not going to go buy a whole new vehicle to get a stereo upgrade. 

I'm curious if anyone's been able to or even tried installing one of the aftermarket systems running Car Play or Android Auto. There are a number of manufacturers making aftermarket systems like that but so far all I've been able to find about compatibility was from Pioneer, who stated that the Cmax needed more research. 

Has anyone tried this? How well does it work? are steering wheel controls functional? Is there a unit that fits well in the existing MyFord Touch space?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 388 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about mft, it does everything it's supposed to. The blaupunkt in my old 2004 focus sounds better than the sony but it has the factory subwoofer.

#3 OFFLINE   scottwood2

scottwood2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 576 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max SE, 202A, Winter Package

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Search here on the site.  I do remember a thread on this after someones system going bad.   I think you could also search other forums for replacing the MFT or Sync system.  

Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car play, apple, android, google, infotainment, sync, my ford touch, microsoft, aftermarket, install

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·