Dead battery on my SE

JacksMax

Well it took 18 months of ownership of my 2013 SE for me to experience a dead battery. It sat in my garage for two days. When I went to drive out of the garage, turned the key and nothing. No lights, etc.

Connected my 8 amp battery charger and let it charge for a couple of hours. Then got into the CMAX to see if it would do something. When I turned the key everything inside the car was turned on; A/C, radio, climate control on max cool, all dash lights, etc. It was quite surprising. I know for sure they were all off when I parked the car.

Well, let it charge over night and then tried again and everything seems back to normal. Will drive it today and hope that I don't need to call for a jump. I need to go to the dealer for a couple of recalls. Plan on letting them know about this incident. Sure hope Ford has found the cause of this issue.

Well it took 18 months of ownership of my 2013 SE for me to experience a dead battery. It sat in my garage for two days. When I went to drive out of the garage, turned the key and nothing. No lights, etc.

Connected my 8 amp battery charger and let it charge for a couple of hours. Then got into the CMAX to see if it would do something. When I turned the key everything inside the car was turned on; A/C, radio, climate control on max cool, all dash lights, etc. It was quite surprising. I know for sure they were all off when I parked the car.

Well, let it charge over night and then tried again and everything seems back to normal. Will drive it today and hope that I don't need to call for a jump. I need to go to the dealer for a couple of recalls. Plan on letting them know about this incident. Sure hope Ford has found the cause of this issue.

Hi JacksMax,

Have you called your dealer to set up an appointment to have this and the recalls taken care of? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan

• 3 months later...

Hi JacksMax,

Have you called your dealer to set up an appointment to have this and the recalls taken care of? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan

Hi Megan, 

I have 12,485 miles on my C-Max SE. I have a service appointment at Fort Mill Ford in SC on this coming Monday 1/11/16.

Hopefully they will do Recalls 14E02  & 14S21 and CSP 15B04.