Clock setting question

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who has a 2015 C-max hybrid.  She had the car in for service because it was having an issue where when she would depress the gas pedal after being stopped, to go forward, the car did not respond at all to giving it gas. It had a delayed response by several seconds. i have been with her when this has happened. The car just doesn't go, like when a red light turns green, she presses down the gas and it doesn't respond. Then a few seconds later, it does go forward.  When she asked about it at the dealer, they said she was probably pressing the gas pedal wrong and it was just doing a hybrid thing. But sometimes it worked fine.  I have a Prius and has never done anything like that. Press the gas, it immediately responds. 

So, she had the car in for service yesterday. When she got it back today, after she left the dealer, she noticed her clock was off by an hour. It was an hour ahead. It's always been fine before.  She tried setting it to the correct time but she said it just goes back to the wrong time. I think it stays on the same time, 12:43pm.  When we were together today, she had the instructions on how to set the clock and was trying to set it when she picked me up. She set it to the correct time, but she said "How do i save it?"  She couldn't see a button or anything to activate to get the clock to save the new time and she said every time it just goes back to the wrong time. The instructions did not mention a save button or function.  The clock switched the time back to the wrong time again.  

Is there a way to tell the clock to save the new time you set it to when you change it?  Or might there be something else wrong with the clock and if so, is there any fix for it that the customer can try?  She has a busy schedule and doesn't want to go back into the dealer again if possible. 

(So far today, the car has not repeated the delayed response to the gas pedal being pressed).

The car is not SEL, i don't think. It's not the top of the line model, it does not have back up camera or Sirius radio.  the model was not given in the documentation.  Is it shown on the body of the car? like i used to have a Honda Accord SE and it said SE on the body.  

The car has Sync rather than MFT

I'll probably be of very little help then -- I have MFT and setting the clock, while a *bit* complicated, is quite a bit different than the system without it.

According to the 2015 manual here's what it says (and I assume she's already read the manual so, again, probably not a lot of help):

Press the up and down arrow buttons to scroll through the options. Press the right arrow to enter a menu. Press the left arrow to exit a menu. Press OK to confirm a selection.

Clock Settings:

Set Time Select to set the time. Set Date Select to set the calendar date. 

So it appears pretty straightforward -- she just needs to press OK to confirm the selection.  But  beyond looking at the manual I'm afraid I'll have to leave it to someone else here who has an SE to help.

I also have had issues setting the time display on center SE display (especially after dealer reprogramming).

I recall reading somewhere in this forum that it sometimes helps to change/set the date first, then the time. (See previous post for instructions on how to set date/time).

Thanks - i appreciate it.  i don't remember if she clicked an OK button after selecting the correct time, i remember she was looking for some kind of Save button or some way to tell it to save, i will ask her later if there was an OK button.  She said today that the clock is apparently broken because now it just keeps going back and forth between 12pm and 1pm, it will tick off the time from 12pm and then will reset back to 12pm when it reaches 1pm.  So she may have to go to the dealer. I will tell her to try reseting the date and then the time, just to find out what happens. 

thanks!

I also have had issues setting the time display on center SE display (especially after dealer reprogramming).

I recall reading somewhere in this forum that it sometimes helps to change/set the date first, then the time. (See previous post for instructions on how to set date/time).

Hi Zathrus,

Have you had a chance to swing past your dealer to get this checked out? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll look into some options.

Thanks - i appreciate it.  i don't remember if she clicked an OK button after selecting the correct time, i remember she was looking for some kind of Save button or some way to tell it to save, i will ask her later if there was an OK button.  She said today that the clock is apparently broken because now it just keeps going back and forth between 12pm and 1pm, it will tick off the time from 12pm and then will reset back to 12pm when it reaches 1pm.  So she may have to go to the dealer. I will tell her to try reseting the date and then the time, just to find out what happens. 

thanks!

Hi jaw444,

I recommend your friend reaches out to our Ford Service team on Facebook or Twitter (or to me here if she makes an account) so we can look into some additional options. She can also call our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Meagan

Edited by FordService