Power Seat Problems Moving Forward or Backward

Bill-N

This yesterday on OASIS:

Oct 5 2015 2052 - 2013-2016 Fusion/MKZ/Escape/CMAX - Power Seat Track Is Binding/Seized, Grind, Squeal, Popping Noise, Or Is Inoperative When Moving Forward or Rearward.

Some 2013-2016 Fusion/MKZ/Escape/CMAX vehicles may experience binding, grinding, squealing and/or popping noise when the power seat is moved forward or rearward. Customers may also indicate the seat track is inoperative or may move on one side or the other only, causing the seat to move on an angle. Repair using the revised seat motor/bracket kits(14547), for lower service part replacement. It is no longer necessary to replace the seat track(s)(61710/61711) for these conditions or symptoms. Follow the On-line Workshop Manual (WSM) section 501-10 for diagnosis and replacement procedures and use available service labor operations.

This one interests me because this weekend I had to adjust the driver's seat and, when it started moving, I heard a popping type sound. It worried me for a moment but the seat still worked fine after the noise, so I wasn't too concerned. It is good to see this, however, as it appears that I may be covered if the seat does have an issue.

This one interests me because this weekend I had to adjust the driver's seat and, when it started moving, I heard a popping type sound. It worried me for a moment but the seat still worked fine after the noise, so I wasn't too concerned. It is good to see this, however, as it appears that I may be covered if the seat does have an issue.

If you decide to head to the dealer to have this looked into, please let me know. I will check into some options.

Meagan