USB Ports not charging iPhone5

Some help please.

First problem:

I am trying to understand the difficulty with charging an iPhone 5 in the C-Max Hybrid.  There is no issue with charging an iPhone 6plus in either USB port.  Is it something about the combination of iPhone 5 and the USB port?  It isn't the lightening cable because the same cable is used to connect both iPhones.    

Second problem: There is a compact disc stuck in the player.  It plays is the CD player is activated and it shuts off.  It simply will not eject.

If anyone has any ideas please respond.

Thank you.

Strange on the phone. We have a 4 and 4S and no problem charging from the USB port, it always wants to play the music from the phone when it's plugged in tho. 
I would think the cable, did you try the cable with a cigarette lighter or 110v plug from back of the console? 

Strange on the phone. We have a 4 and 4S and no problem charging from the USB port, it always wants to play the music from the phone when it's plugged in tho. 

I would think the cable, did you try the cable with a cigarette lighter or 110v plug from back of the console? 

You can stop MFT from playing the music on your iPhone at startup by turning Autoplay off in the settings

• 3 weeks later...

There is no issue with charging an iPhone 6plus in either USB port.  Is it something about the combination of iPhone 5 and the USB port? ...

Strange on the phone. We have a 4 and 4S and no problem charging from the USB port,...

Droid user here, but I have noticed the USB port in the console will only charge the phone very slowly. It's as if the port barely puts out enough current to run the phone, much less charge it! Only good for long trip maintenance.

What you're seeing could simply be a variation in minimum current required to charge. I doubt Apple provides specs, but they may...

HAve fun,

Frank