Oil Changes

My wife was driving our C-Max yesterday and something fell onto the road beneath her -- still partially attached. She pulled off the road and called AAA for a tow to our Ford dealer.  Service writer asked if we had had an oil change recently -- which we had at the dealer.  He speculated that the engine shield had become lose and dropped.

Haven't heard back from him as of now but expect to today.

I'm bring this to everyone's attention so that the do it your selfers will be careful.  And to get some feedback on any other similar experiences?

My wife was driving our C-Max yesterday and something fell onto the road beneath her -- still partially attached. She pulled off the road and called AAA for a tow to our Ford dealer.  Service writer asked if we had had an oil change recently -- which we had at the dealer.  He speculated that the engine shield had become lose and dropped.

Haven't heard back from him as of now but expect to today.

I'm bring this to everyone's attention so that the do it your selfers will be careful.  And to get some feedback on any other similar experiences?

Update:

The dealer put a new shield on this morning and was very apologetic about the event.