Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

MFT update to v3.8 has been released

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

Wouldn't it be easier instead of submitting our Vin# or waiting for the Ford servers 'glitch', instead get a link on here to download? I bet people on here would be willing to host a link. :)

For those that are interested, this post is where I got the information for the download to update my car to v3.8. I risked it because I figured it would be a long wait before Ford fixed it, and the fact that several people claimed to have used it already to successfully update. Rebecca (our Ford rep) recommends against it but, otoh, I've had the update working in my car for a couple of weeks now....

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   MtnMarty

MtnMarty

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 177 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationAsheville, NC
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max Hybrid

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

Can't access file because I don't have a Ford Fusion sign in.

#43 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 403 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

For those that are interested, this post is where I got the information for the download to update my car to v3.8. I risked it because I figured it would be a long wait before Ford fixed it, and the fact that several people claimed to have used it already to successfully update. Rebecca (our Ford rep) recommends against it but, otoh, I've had the update working in my car for a couple of weeks now....

Glad it is working for you but how do you know the Fusion download is the same as for C-Max?

#44 OFFLINE   eriknokc

eriknokc

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOKC
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:49 AM

Rebecca is wonderful. She suggested taking my vehicle in. I was also contacted by Ford Motor Company, on a separate tech issue with the site, and they advised me that the update was not showing in my particular situation because of two recent recalls that needed to be addressed. I took my car in, got the recalls taken care of, and my SYNC is now updated to 3.8. I'm crossing my fingers this makes it work much better.

My only concern now is that 911 Assist is no longer an option in the 3.8 interface.

#45 OFFLINE   eriknokc

eriknokc

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOKC
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

I wish the process was smoother too. It is far from perfect but this is a good example of how additional features can give Ford a bad name. If Ford did not offer an upgrade path then there would be no issue. Because there is and it is not working correctly it is looked upon as a big negative. They are not given much credit for offering an upgrade path.

I have never had a car that offered an upgrade path. My last car was made by Toyota and is highly rated. I did have my share of issues with it but it was a good car. i think many of the new head units in the new Toyota's are still non-upgradable units. I could be wrong here but I don't think it is a standard feature. My Chevy truck is the same way. This stereo blows the doors off of both these systems.

I hope you don't think I am attaching your post. You have a right to have it work correctly. Just showing another way to look at this.

I don't think that at all. You are completely correct that no one else offers an upgrade path. However, SYNC is known as one of the number one issues with Ford vehicles and is a huge driver for dissatisfaction with their vehicles. You can search online and almost anytime SYNC is mentioned, it's almost always negative. I would think that Ford would want to offer some kind of upgrade path since SYNC has this reputation in the auto industry.

#46 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Glad it is working for you but how do you know the Fusion download is the same as for C-Max?

To start with, my recollection is that one of the people there had used the update successfully on his C-Max. Beyond that, these types of updates do quite a few checks before installing, basically to keep mistakes from happening, that ensure that the update is for that unit and that the installation files are not corrupted (or have been tampered with). As for how I know now, not only does my MFT work well, including the hybrid specific screens, but also the Ford Owner site shows that I'm running the correct version (though, it could be easily argued the Ford Owner site isn't dependable, or people would be showing they have updates available).

#47 OFFLINE   xanotos

xanotos

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles Suburbs
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

Well I download the fusion file..... going to make the leap and install it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

#48 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 188 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

swonder why the Fusion has an update that you can download but not CMAX. If you do the Fusion update will it show in your My Ford site? If it goes sideways are you stuck or will Ford tech help you out. Seems it is taking a long long time for the update even though Ford has said my vin neds the update.

#49 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

swonder why the Fusion has an update that you can download but not CMAX. If you do the Fusion update will it show in your My Ford site? If it goes sideways are you stuck or will Ford tech help you out. Seems it is taking a long long time for the update even though Ford has said my vin neds the update.

It's not that the Fusion has an update you can download, it is that one of the Fusion Hybrid owners who showed the update downloaded the file onto an Internet hosting site, then made the file available on the Fusion Hybrid forum for those that weren't showing the update available. I'll agree with Rebecca that there is risk in using someone's copy of a file and that it is better not to do it.

In my case, since I was still on 3.5 and not showing an update to even 3.6, I decided to take the risk; I saw others on the forum had success doing it and decided it was worth the risk for me (which many will still see as stupid). The upgrade took a long time -- particularly one update that seems to not move for 20 minutes or so -- but successfully completed and has been working perfectly. When the upgrade is finished, it creates a file that you load back onto the Ford Owner site to show you performed the update; after uploading the file the Ford Owner site showed that I had upgraded to v3.8.

#50 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the clarification. Seems Ford could do the same since it allows you to also upadate version history on the my Ford site. May just give it a go

#51 OFFLINE   xanotos

xanotos

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles Suburbs
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

Well I did it and everything works fine. I'm not sure if it is me, but the screen looks cleaner. Like if the streamlined the edges and lines. Siri Eyes Free works great! Just gotta hold the talk button for 3 seconds. Glad to have that dumb Sync system gone. :)

P.S. Battery screen shows an image of my car and not a fusion.

Update: not sure if this suppose to happen but when you use Siri while listening to the radio, it will switch to 'input' to access Siri and then it won't go back to 'radio'.
Also, 911 Assist is working with me too. Just had to activate it in settings again.

Edited by xanotos, 02 November 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

Rebecca is wonderful. She suggested taking my vehicle in. I was also contacted by Ford Motor Company, on a separate tech issue with the site, and they advised me that the update was not showing in my particular situation because of two recent recalls that needed to be addressed. I took my car in, got the recalls taken care of, and my SYNC is now updated to 3.8. I'm crossing my fingers this makes it work much better.

My only concern now is that 911 Assist is no longer an option in the 3.8 interface.

Huh? I've updated to 3.8 and I still have 911 Assist on my MFT. I'm driving an Energi, but the software is the same.

• C-MaxSea likes this

#53 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

Downloaded the file from the fusion site and successfully updated my c-max to 3.8 yesterday

911 assist is the first choice you make after updating software.

• C-MaxSea likes this

#54 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Downloaded the file from the fusion site and successfully updated my c-max to 3.8 yesterday

Ditto.  Did my Energi today.  Took 25 minutes.

Attached File  Sync 3.8.jpg   15.45KB   0 downloads

Edited by ArizonaEnergi, 11 November 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 637 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:20 PM

Same here.  FWIW, my C-Max is 2013 hybrid (vs. energi) with MFT, but without navigation.

Download worked fine.  Note, the download is a zip file which needs to be unzipped onto the USB drive.

The actual update takes some 20 minutes and has several periods of no apparent activity.  One just needs to be patient and have the vehicle running the entire time.

Cheers.

#56 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 188 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

worked for me. Dont freak when the screen goes black for a bit two or three times. :)

#57 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 637 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Is there still no word about the availability discrepancy?  It's been a month.

#58 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

Those who supplied vin's got a PM from Ford to update your car at the dealer.

Can you please give us an update on the database bug Rebecca?

#59 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

I supplied my VIN and didn't get a PM from Ford.  Too late now, as I did it myself, but would be good to know they are actually addressing this issue for the future, rather than just ignoring it with nary a comment on the MFT website, like "Your C-Max is not eligible for 3.8 due to hardware changes made after yours was manufactured.  We're sorry to have mislead you to think your software would be update periodically for the life of your car."

#60 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 637 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

Those who supplied vin's got a PM from Ford to update your car at the dealer.

Can you please give us an update on the database bug Rebecca?

I supplied my VIN and didn't get a PM from Ford.  Too late now, as I did it myself, but would be good to know they are actually addressing this issue for the future, rather than just ignoring it with nary a comment on the MFT website, like "Your C-Max is not eligible for 3.8 due to hardware changes made after yours was manufactured.  We're sorry to have mislead you to think your software would be update periodically for the life of your car."

I supplied my VIN and am unaware of any such notification.  And I also did it myself.

So this now raises another question: if the dealer was to perform the update for some vehicles, what are the ramifications of having performed the update by oneself?

Curious minds want to know.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·