MFT update to v3.8 has been released

Well I did it and everything works fine. I'm not sure if it is me, but the screen looks cleaner. Like if the streamlined the edges and lines. Siri Eyes Free works great! Just gotta hold the talk button for 3 seconds. Glad to have that dumb Sync system gone. :)

P.S. Battery screen shows an image of my car and not a fusion.

Update: not sure if this suppose to happen but when you use Siri while listening to the radio, it will switch to 'input' to access Siri and then it won't go back to 'radio'.

Also, 911 Assist is working with me too. Just had to activate it in settings again.

Edited by xanotos

Rebecca is wonderful. She suggested taking my vehicle in. I was also contacted by Ford Motor Company, on a separate tech issue with the site, and they advised me that the update was not showing in my particular situation because of two recent recalls that needed to be addressed. I took my car in, got the recalls taken care of, and my SYNC is now updated to 3.8. I'm crossing my fingers this makes it work much better.

My only concern now is that 911 Assist is no longer an option in the 3.8 interface.

Huh? I've updated to 3.8 and I still have 911 Assist on my MFT. I'm driving an Energi, but the software is the same.

Downloaded the file from the fusion site and successfully updated my c-max to 3.8 yesterday

911 assist is the first choice you make after updating software.

Same here.  FWIW, my C-Max is 2013 hybrid (vs. energi) with MFT, but without navigation.

Download worked fine.  Note, the download is a zip file which needs to be unzipped onto the USB drive.

The actual update takes some 20 minutes and has several periods of no apparent activity.  One just needs to be patient and have the vehicle running the entire time.

Cheers.

I supplied my VIN and didn't get a PM from Ford.  Too late now, as I did it myself, but would be good to know they are actually addressing this issue for the future, rather than just ignoring it with nary a comment on the MFT website, like "Your C-Max is not eligible for 3.8 due to hardware changes made after yours was manufactured.  We're sorry to have mislead you to think your software would be update periodically for the life of your car."

Those who supplied vin's got a PM from Ford to update your car at the dealer.

Can you please give us an update on the database bug Rebecca?

I supplied my VIN and didn't get a PM from Ford.  Too late now, as I did it myself, but would be good to know they are actually addressing this issue for the future, rather than just ignoring it with nary a comment on the MFT website, like "Your C-Max is not eligible for 3.8 due to hardware changes made after yours was manufactured.  We're sorry to have mislead you to think your software would be update periodically for the life of your car."

I supplied my VIN and am unaware of any such notification.  And I also did it myself.

So this now raises another question: if the dealer was to perform the update for some vehicles, what are the ramifications of having performed the update by oneself?

Curious minds want to know.

I supplied my VIN and am unaware of any such notification.  And I also did it myself.

So this now raises another question: if the dealer was to perform the update for some vehicles, what are the ramifications of having performed the update by oneself?

Curious minds want to know.

Wrong assumption on my part, I got a PM from Ford so assumed everyone did that supplied their vin.  No difference in getting dealer to do the update

just would take up more of your time.

I called Ford Sync today and the the person I talked to didn't know about the problem with the database.

She said I was the first person who called her and the database didn't show that 3.8 was available.

She said that I could take it into the dealer and get it updated and it would be covered since it was

still under warranty.

I called Ford Sync today and the the person I talked to didn't know about the problem with the database.

She said I was the first person who called her and the database didn't show that 3.8 was available.

She said that I could take it into the dealer and get it updated and it would be covered since it was

still under warranty.

So if you weren't still under warranty you'd have to pay for the update? Or perhaps those out of warranty wouldn't be able to upgrade.

Hello everyone, 

We are working hard to resolve this for you all. Some of you may have to visit your dealer due to other modules needing to be updated. As soon as my support sends me information on individual VINs, I am PMing you back to let you know the verdict. Those of you that have already installed the update, your cases will be closed. Please be patient while we work on this, and again, I'll let you know once I hear back from my support.

As far as the extended warranty on MFT, that does cover the main module and updates for five years from the original date of purchase. After the warranty runs out, your dealer may charge you for software updates.

Rebecca

Hello everyone, 

We are working hard to resolve this for you all. Some of you may have to visit your dealer due to other modules needing to be updated. As soon as my support sends me information on individual VINs, I am PMing you back to let you know the verdict. Those of you that have already installed the update, your cases will be closed. Please be patient while we work on this, and again, I'll let you know once I hear back from my support.

As far as the extended warranty on MFT, that does cover the main module and updates for five years from the original date of purchase. After the warranty runs out, your dealer may charge you for software updates.

Rebecca

Thanks for the response Rebecca.

Please don't close our cases as the database is still showing an error that our cars are up to date with 3.6.

If that is not fixed I (we) won't be able to download any updates in the future.

Well my C-Max is also not getting the update since it shows 3.6.2 is up to date but I did PM the VIN to the Ford person on this forums so lets see whats going to happen. My warranty just expired actually since my car hit the 36,000 mile mark. In terms of warranty whats next for me? Also has anyone got the applink to work correctly? I tried to do applink for spotify and it put a message I think to install but after did not do anything.

I went to my local Ford dealership today in an attempt to have the upgrade completed for my 2013 C-Max with ~55K miles (Per the Ford IVT Team's recommendation) and they stated that the extended MFT warranty only covers the APIM (Accessory Interface Protocol Module) and I'd have to front $140 to have the upgrade completed...Needless to say I didn't get it done.

Ford IVT team has been PMed, hopefully they can shed some light on this. Doesn't look like good news though.

I went to my local Ford dealership today in an attempt to have the upgrade completed for my 2013 C-Max with ~55K miles (Per the Ford IVT Team's recommendation) and they stated that the extended MFT warranty only covers the APIM (Accessory Interface Protocol Module) and I'd have to front $140 to have the upgrade completed...Needless to say I didn't get it done.

Ford IVT team has been PMed, hopefully they can shed some light on this. Doesn't look like good news though.

Ford dealers only do what is required under warranty. But I've seen over in the Fusion Energi forum that folks have installed the file downloaded from somewhere else than Ford. Evidently there is only one file. Take a look at the Fusion Energi forum.

But really, unless you have Apple, I'm not sure the upgrade is needed.

Ford dealers only do what is required under warranty. But I've seen over in the Fusion Energi forum that folks have installed the file downloaded from somewhere else than Ford. Evidently there is only one file. Take a look at the Fusion Energi forum.

But really, unless you have Apple, I'm not sure the upgrade is needed.

Unfortunately I am stuck with Apple (I made the switch from Android and I'm DYING to get back) so it would be beneficial.