MFT update to v3.8 has been released

My car is completely bricked. They have a new PCM on order. Looks to be at least another week in the shop.

This is why Tesla has received over 300,000 reservations for the Model 3. People are fed up with the old way of doing things.

During the 6 months I have been struggling to get a minor update to the radio in my Ford, Tesla has silently and painlessly issued several updates over the air which have added functionality to the vehicles themselves. And no dealers in the way.

No matter what anyone thinks about EVs, 300,000 people paying $1000 each to reserve a vehicle they know almost nothing about is an amazing statement to the old guard auto industry. Shape up or ship out!

I made a 1,000 deposit on a Mitsubishi iMev site unseen about a year before it was shipped for sale. Good thing the deposit was refundable. When we finally took one for a test drive we couldn't wait to return it and apply for a refund.

Have you ever been in a Tesla? It's not like a Mitsubishi iMiev.

They have the highest customer satisfaction rating in the history of automobiles. 300,000 people want a Tesla mode 3. Not even 300,000 people know what an iMiev is...

Anyway - it's beside the point. The point is Ford can't even update my radio with minor features without breaking the whole car while Tesla can deliver entirely new features over the air seamlessly for owners.

Ford needs to figure this stuff out if they want to remain relevant in the future, and dealerships need to hire techs who understand computers. It's 2016. I shouldn't have to explain software version numbers to my service department.

Ford needs to figure this stuff out if they want to remain relevant in the future, and dealerships need to hire techs who understand computers. It's 2016. I shouldn't have to explain software version numbers to my service department.

Yup.  Or that we get responses like "yup, you're right it doesn't work." and have no plan to fix it.  Or to tell us that whatever is wrong is basically a feature and supposed to be that way...

• 2 weeks later...

My car is still under B2B warranty and also have the Premium Extended warranty by Ford.    WHen I log into the website I am not offered an update to v3.8    The highest that I have is 3.5 and it says that I am current.

Welcome to the "club", Smirpuri!  Just think of all those owners that are likely in the same boat but don't know there's a more current version that they are entitled to. 

On April 21, 2016 it will be 6 months since I sent my VIN to the Ford rep on this site as requested supposedly so that Ford could troubleshoot / correct the issue of v3.8 not showing up.  Still waiting.  I do have v3.6 though (not v3.5 like you do). :2thumbs:  

• 1 month later...

As they say "live for today"  as tomorrow may never come (highly likely with Ford ever fixing it).

I installed v3.8 today

I too got tired of waiting for it to show up on my owner.ford.com, and just installed it from the link in the fusion forum posted earlier after creating a free account on that forum so I could access the link.  Ran vehicle health check and now shows up to date with 3.8 on owner.ford.com  

I too got tired of waiting for it to show up on my owner.ford.com, and just installed it from the link in the fusion forum posted earlier after creating a free account on that forum so I could access the link.  Ran vehicle health check and now shows up to date with 3.8 on owner.ford.com  

As I've said before, my issue is what else might we not have the latest version of software installed.  For example, apparently ptjones' C-Max  and mine have different software installed as our grille shutters operate differently.  Yet, owner.ford.com shows no outstanding service action items for my C-Max.

Ford reps, why haven't we been updated as to the status of this issue? It's been around 6 months since this issue surfaced.