Headliner Rattle

JasDmw

Hello;

Newbie here; have had a CMax for about 2 weeks now. Noticed a rattle in the headliner on the test drive. Dealer said they fixed it before delivery, but it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and had it resolved? Would appreciate input to point the service folks at when they look at it. It seems to be near the sun glass holder, in that general area. I also notice that if i push up on the headliner just in front of the retracting shade, it appears that there is some sort of adhesive the sticks for a second then lets go again. Sounds like 2 pieces of tape being pulled apart.

Thanks for any input.

Welcome to the forum. The CMax has a couple of microphones located above the headliner (used for Voice Commands and Noise cancelling). Perhaps it is the microphone that you hear rattling?  I recall seeing a diagram on this forum showing their location and that they were held in place by tape under the car roof (can't locate diagram at the moment).

Hello;

Newbie here; have had a CMax for about 2 weeks now. Noticed a rattle in the headliner on the test drive. Dealer said they fixed it before delivery, but it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and had it resolved? Would appreciate input to point the service folks at when they look at it. It seems to be near the sun glass holder, in that general area. I also notice that if i push up on the headliner just in front of the retracting shade, it appears that there is some sort of adhesive the sticks for a second then lets go again. Sounds like 2 pieces of tape being pulled apart.

Thanks for any input.

Hi JasDmw,

Have you taken it to the dealer to see if they could pin point the noise?

Mathieu

• 8 months later...