Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Headliner Rattle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JasDmw

JasDmw

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationSarnia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Hello;

Newbie here; have had a CMax for about 2 weeks now. Noticed a rattle in the headliner on the test drive. Dealer said they fixed it before delivery, but it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and had it resolved? Would appreciate input to point the service folks at when they look at it. It seems to be near the sun glass holder, in that general area. I also notice that if i push up on the headliner just in front of the retracting shade, it appears that there is some sort of adhesive the sticks for a second then lets go again. Sounds like 2 pieces of tape being pulled apart.

Thanks for any input.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Welcome to the forum. The CMax has a couple of microphones located above the headliner (used for Voice Commands and Noise cancelling). Perhaps it is the microphone that you hear rattling?  I recall seeing a diagram on this forum showing their location and that they were held in place by tape under the car roof (can't locate diagram at the moment).

#3 OFFLINE   FordServiceCA

FordServiceCA

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOakville, ON
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hello;

Newbie here; have had a CMax for about 2 weeks now. Noticed a rattle in the headliner on the test drive. Dealer said they fixed it before delivery, but it's still there. Anyone else have this issue and had it resolved? Would appreciate input to point the service folks at when they look at it. It seems to be near the sun glass holder, in that general area. I also notice that if i push up on the headliner just in front of the retracting shade, it appears that there is some sort of adhesive the sticks for a second then lets go again. Sounds like 2 pieces of tape being pulled apart.

Thanks for any input.

Hi JasDmw,

Have you taken it to the dealer to see if they could pin point the noise?

Mathieu

#4 OFFLINE   JasDmw

JasDmw

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationSarnia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

Yes I have, prior to delivery. They heard it and were to have fixed it, but apparently not. Just wanted some input from anyone experiencing the same thing we take it back. Want it fixed the next time.

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 675 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

We just had our rattling/vibrating roof console fixed under warranty.  Apparently Ford has a file for this problem so it is a known defect.  I'm talking about the plastic console just behind the windshield on the SEL model. 

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·