Questions about warranty on used 2013 Energi.

Edgar

I am looking into buying this vehicle as a local commuter for my family, I found an Energi model, 2013 for 10999 and am interested in picking it up. I am concerned about the cost of repairs for anything associated with the hybrid system, the car has about 40000 miles so the powertrain is going to come up shortly, but the hybrid warranty, I am unsure of how much I have. It looks like the car was bought in Arizona, so it has the 10/150,000 warranty, but I am buying it in FL, which does not have that law. Is the warranty transferable anyway? Its  a huge concern to me because I am afraid the cost of repair out side of warranty will be overwhelming, its the only factor preventing me from making this purchase.

Any insight into this is highly appreciated.

Can I buy that from Ford? Or would I have to do that through the dealership? The dealership is an offlease place that sells cars just outta there lease,  they offer extended warranty but I am concerned the hybrid portion, which I am most concerend about, would not be covered.

Thank you, quick question on the side. I hear the biggest complaint about the C-Max's is overnight discharge of the battery, has this been fixed with the recent recall? Are the SEL/Energi models affected or is it just an SE thing?

Thank you again for all your help.

Thank you, quick question on the side. I hear the biggest complaint about the C-Max's is overnight discharge of the battery, has this been fixed with the recent recall? Are the SEL/Energi models affected or is it just an SE thing?

Thank you again for all your help.

Get the vehicle service history. If there is no indication of a no start due to the 12 V battery in 40 k miles, then it's likely the car does not have the issue.

It's still not clear whether the 12 V dead battery, no start issue has been "fixed". All models have had issues but it appears the SE may have a higher incidence of such issue.

I am looking into buying this vehicle as a local commuter for my family, I found an Energi model, 2013 for 10999 and am interested in picking it up. I am concerned about the cost of repairs for anything associated with the hybrid system, the car has about 40000 miles so the powertrain is going to come up shortly, but the hybrid warranty, I am unsure of how much I have. It looks like the car was bought in Arizona, so it has the 10/150,000 warranty, but I am buying it in FL, which does not have that law. Is the warranty transferable anyway? Its  a huge concern to me because I am afraid the cost of repair out side of warranty will be overwhelming, its the only factor preventing me from making this purchase.

Any insight into this is highly appreciated.

The minimum hybrid warranty is 8/100K, so that part is covered. As others have noted, you can get an ESP warranty from Ford, but at this mileage you would have to pay for a dealer inspection first. There is a lot that can go wrong on these cars (not that they necessarily will), that is not covered as part of the hybrid warranty, which only covers the HVB and eCVT. For example, the electric heaters are unique to the Energi, but are not covered. The same is true of parts of the braking system - not used on Ford ICE cars, but still not falling under the Federal Hybrid warranty. Personally, I buy an extended warranty if I plan to buy the car (I'm currently leasing) that covers the length of the payments. But many folks don't bother, preferring to save the money up front.

• 1 year later...

Dont know much on warranty but if you have a fsi it would be a good idea to get a little warranty cause of the cf and timing belt. Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

The C-MAX Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) has a TIMING CHAIN not a timing belt.  I have no idea what "fsi" and "cf" are referencing.  I have yet to hear of a timing chain failure on the C-Max.

Based on many of your 11 posts, you clealy don't "read / understand" the posts / threads (many of which are several years old) which you are responding to, post "cryptic" responses, and most importantly give "bad, misinformed" advice.