mp3 songs played in alphabetical order

The MFT (recently upgraded to version 3.8) plays songs in alphabetical order of track names - I have tried adding numerals to file names and made sure the track numbers are in correct order but it still takes all the track names and alphabetizes them - this is crazy. No other car mp3 player I have run into does this. Is there a fix for this? 

it is actually much worse than this. If I put in multiple folders (albums) it alphabetizes all the songs in all folders and plays then in that order. If I click on browse music and then by album I can see individual albums and then if I click on the first song in one album it then plays all songs in that album but when it finishes that album, it doesn't go the next album automatically, instead it asks you to use browse to select next album. It is the "PLAY ALL" option that seems to alphabetize all tracks. I want the play all option but select each album at a time and go through all tracks in that album in the track number order. Is this too much to ask - any 10 year old mp3 player can do that. There has got to be a simple setting somewhere I must be overlooking (my repeat and shuffle are all off).

Yes, the "simple setting" is to turn off the "get info for songs from web" (it's not called that but I'm not in my car at the moment and don't have the manual in front of me).  There are two such options, both to get information about the song you are playing from online and if you can't find them let me know and I'll go out to my car and look for what they are called exactly.

With them both off the songs will play in album order (unless you turn shuffle on, in which case they will play randomly).  There is also a thread I think I started around here about this so, again, if you can't find the option let me know and I'll locate it (I'm right in the middle of something or I'd do it myself, but if you go to the Music Options menu you'll see what I mean).

Ah, found it -- it's the "Sync Gracenote" features you need to turn off (for some reason they are on by default, although when I updated my Sync it did not turn them back on so I'm not sure why they did it for you).

Here's the thread where I explain in detail: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/4391-creating-and-managing-your-music-collection-for-mft-on-usb/?hl=songs

Thanks. I had read about gracenote in some other thread as well and am sure it was set to off when I last checked. What works for me now is to change the title tag for all songs to %album%_%track#%_%title%. You can select a whole bunch of albums, throw them all into USB and then select all, right click and select mp3tag (a freeware program). You can change the title of all tracks in all albums in one shot this way. My MFT can then alphabetize all it wants - things play in the right order. My music organizer on the PC is now Groove Music. While there are features in it I like, it has its own share of frustrations.

to make myself clear, the gracenote off (both of them) feature only works for playing any particular album in the correct order (whether you select it using voice or the screen). unfortunately, I will have to select one album at a time this way and I don't want to select something to play while I am driving. if you are like me and insert a USB full of music and expect the autoplay to play them ALL  in order it ain't happening. what it does is take all your albums and alphabetize all the tracks in them and plays in that order. Even if you name the ID3 title like

01-track1

02-track2

etc

it will play all 01 tracks from all albums followed by 02 tracks and so on. I don't know which moron in Ford engineering decided this is the right way to play music. of course the only solution that works as of now is to rename the title tag as

Artist1-Album1-01-track1

Artist1-Album2-01-track1

Artist2-Album1-01-track1

which is a pain - I don't want to change ID3 tags on my PC - I will have to do this on the USB drive after I copy music to it every time; 

I would love to be proven wrong but based on the number of hits I receive on google when I search "FORD SYNC mp3 alphabetical" lots of people have been complaining about this for the last few years and nothing has been done about it. I have dashed off a strong email to ford support team but I don't expect anything to come off it.

Edited by syncmax

You actually can create a playlist that holds all your music and will be played in whatever order the playlist is in.  This is how I got around that when I was playing more than one album at a time (nowadays I actually don't use USB at all but play from my iPhone since support in the latest update is so great -- the enhanced Siri really works a treat).