Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Rear Main Replaced needs it again!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   scottwood2

scottwood2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 576 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max SE, 202A, Winter Package

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

Maybe someone at Ford could look at the old seal and get an idea what the failure mode was?  Could be a lot of reasons including being damaged while installing.   This cost Ford a lot of money too and they don't want to replace this every 5 months either.   Maybe the third time will take care of it?  Does not seem to be a common issue on this car so far. 

Good luck.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

The Ford dealership found no cause for the seal going out. I tried to get some help from Ford. The area service manager was of zero help. In fact rather abrupt about telling me that's the way it goes. My dealership did help giving me by some help. I found on line that they had a few 2015 models left. I called the GM and let him know what was happening. I told him what I wanted and he did just that so I now have a new 2015 SEL. I am happy with them but Fords rep is way down on my Christmas list. I really dnidnt want to keep on with the problem :)

#23 ONLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,112 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

The Ford dealership found no cause for the seal going out. I tried to get some help from Ford. The area service manager was of zero help. In fact rather abrupt about telling me that's the way it goes. My dealership did help giving me by some help. I found on line that they had a few 2015 models left. I called the GM and let him know what was happening. I told him what I wanted and he did just that so I now have a new 2015 SEL. I am happy with them but Fords rep is way down on my Christmas list. I really dnidnt want to keep on with the problem :)

I'm curious if you notice a MPG difference between the two CMAX's and anything else. :)

Paul

#24 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:49 PM

Jus did a four hundred mile road trip that I do quite often. Two thirds freeway at 65 last third two lane at 55. Many high mountain passes on borh. Lots of up and down hill driving. Averaged 43 on yhe 2013 and 43 with the 2015. The new cr not broken in and of cource new tires so I think it will go up ip nd up! :)
  • ptjones likes this

#25 OFFLINE   scottwood2

scottwood2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 576 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max SE, 202A, Winter Package

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

Congrats on the new car! Glad they worked it out for you.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·