Grill Cover Sets Available To Improve Winter MPG's

ptjones

Black does look Really Nice.  

The Big one kept falling off for me with the license plate (Once wind, another car wash that i didn't know was automated [used to be hand wash]) so i don't have any on my car currently since its been mostly above 50.

You need to screw on permanently the center Grill Cover so if can't come off, no reason to take it off. All the cooling can be done with the bottom one.

I'm not sure what the temp was, I pulled over as soon as the warning light came on and I knew I had to remove the lower cover.

We have LOTS of hills here in SoCal, both on the streets and highways... so it's been hard to push for higher mpg considering some of these uphill battles that just pull away the mpg.

I've been hovering around the 43 mpg mark for the most part and that's with I'd say 75% highway driving.

You can setup My View with Empower of left and WT on right side.  Did the buzzer go off?

Paul

Black does look Really Nice.  

The Big one kept falling off for me with the license plate (Once wind, another car wash that i didn't know was automated [used to be hand wash]) so i don't have any on my car currently since its been mostly above 50.

I honestly ditched the velcro that came with the kit (no offense to ptjones), but most of the pieces I got the peel away paper seemed to be permanently adhered to the back and ended up just ripping it apart.

I have a bunch of heavy duty 3M dual lock velcro (snaps in) that I use for work and just cut up a bunch of pieces larger than supplied for solid holding power... but small enough to fit between the grille slots and just doubled them up due to the depth of the grille. Over 500 miles on them so far (mostly highway doing 65-70 mph) and solid as can be.

You can get them at your local home depot/lowes.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch-1-in-x-1-in-Clear-Extreme-Fasteners-6-Sets-Pack-RFD7020/206180471 

med_gallery_5084_153_1072856.jpg

Edited by SoCalJT