Average L/100km in "My View"

King-max

I have recently purchased a 2015 C-max hybrid SE.  Never realized that driving a hybrid could be so fun.  In each dash display option I see "6.1 L/100 km Average".  My trip 1 and 2 displays 5.7 L/100 km and 5.5 L/100 km showing my current fuel economy.  Does anyone know why the "6.1 L/100 km" shows as the average?  Is this the rated overall combined average rating for this vehicle?  Will it always display 6.1 L/100 km?

I have recently purchased a 2015 C-max hybrid SE.  Never realized that driving a hybrid could be so fun.  In each dash display option I see "6.1 L/100 km Average".  My trip 1 and 2 displays 5.7 L/100 km and 5.5 L/100 km showing my current fuel economy.  Does anyone know why the "6.1 L/100 km" shows as the average?  Is this the rated overall combined average rating for this vehicle?  Will it always display 6.1 L/100 km?

There is a separate display of cumulative mileage. If you haven't reset it, this would include any time spent at the dealer during demo rides and etc. If you go to MyView and hold down the OK button, it will reset.

Thank you for the advice.  I went and reset the fuel setting and now can have it showing under my driving habits.  The car already had 400 km on it when I purchased it from the car lot.

I remembered it because mine had some horrible number on it when I got it. I didn't have that many miles, maybe 40 or so. But they didn't tend to keep the cars charged up. I was also shopping for a hybrid C-Max, and we looked at 6 of them before we found one that didn't need a jump for the battery.

• 1 month later...

I remembered it because mine had some horrible number on it when I got it. I didn't have that many miles, maybe 40 or so. But they didn't tend to keep the cars charged up. I was also shopping for a hybrid C-Max, and we looked at 6 of them before we found one that didn't need a jump for the battery.

Resetting the old data was one of the first things I did when I got my used C-Max.  

Re the first experience at the dealer, to test drive my first C-Max we had the same problem (dead battery).  They has to boost it first (not impressed) but it didn't have to run for very long and it went into electric mode as if it wasn't discharged very much.  Didn't buy that one. I've been told that if the dealer doesn't start them at least once every 30 days, they will tend to run down and need a boost to start.  Some dealers are not promoting their hybrids very much or else customers are rare and far between. 

Resetting the old data was one of the first things I did when I got my used C-Max.  

Re the first experience at the dealer, to test drive my first C-Max we had the same problem (dead battery).  They has to boost it first (not impressed) but it didn't have to run for very long and it went into electric mode as if it wasn't discharged very much.  Didn't buy that one. I've been told that if the dealer doesn't start them at least once every 30 days, they will tend to run down and need a boost to start.  Some dealers are not promoting their hybrids very much or else customers are rare and far between. 

Galpin Ford here in the San Fernando valley is the biggest volume ford dealer. They had at least 40 Hybrids, and maybe 20 Energi, in stock when I shopped. I looked at the hybrid first - the first six did not start (dead batteries). I finally had them pull a cart over and charge one up. I ended up with my 2014, which was on the main lot - and started up immediately.

...we had the same problem (dead battery).  They has to boost it first (not impressed) but it didn't have to run for very long and it went into electric mode as if it wasn't discharged very much. ...

Different batteries.

12V battery needed boosting, as it's the "gatekeeper" for turning on the HVB control system. Standard lead-acid technology. Early models' Achilles heal.

High voltage battery (HVB) used for propulsion. This one's the Li-ion battery.

Different batteries.

12V battery needed boosting, as it's the "gatekeeper" for turning on the HVB control system. Standard lead-acid technology. Early models' Achilles heal.

High voltage battery (HVB) used for propulsion. This one's the Li-ion battery.

Actually, I think he was responding to my posts, where the 12v battery was dead on most every Hybrid I saw on the lot.

Actually, I think he was responding to my posts, where the 12v battery was dead on most every Hybrid I saw on the lot.

I was just affirming what others have said since it was my experience also - the first C-Max (not sure it was an SE or SEL) I wanted to test drive needed a boost to start and I knew it was the 12v lead acid battery that was being boosted.  The C-Max is still a novelty for Ford dealers where I live and in fact it is a novelty for most people I know - when I tell them I have a  Ford C-Max they give me THAT look (whaaaa?).  They tend to sit on the lot for a while.  The dealers here may be under suffering from this syndrome

I was just affirming what others have said since it was my experience also - the first C-Max (not sure it was an SE or SEL) I wanted to test drive needed a boost to start and I knew it was the 12v lead acid battery that was being boosted.  The C-Max is still a novelty for Ford dealers where I live and in fact it is a novelty for most people I know - when I tell them I have a  Ford C-Max they give me THAT look (whaaaa?).  They tend to sit on the lot for a while.  The dealers here may be under suffering from this syndrome

Well, hybrids are NOT a mystery to Galpin Ford, they have been selling them since 2005. Just someone being lazy over on the lot, they should have had a plan to charge up the hybrids/Energis on a rotating basis. Galpin service has been excellent.