Getting rid of that smell

Taiwwa

My used CMax has a smell to it. I've thoroughly scrubbed it with Lysol and my own homemade vinegar-lemon cleaning solution.

It still smells. In fact, it smells worse now.

Maybe that's why the price was so low. There's also dog hair in the carpet which I can't get rid of.

It smelled like too much shampoo. Now, after obsessively wiping it down, it smells a little bit more like dog.

How do I get rid of this smell?

My used CMax has a smell to it. I've thoroughly scrubbed it with Lysol and my own homemade vinegar-lemon cleaning solution.

It still smells. In fact, it smells worse now.

Maybe that's why the price was so low. There's also dog hair in the carpet which I can't get rid of.

It smelled like too much shampoo. Now, after obsessively wiping it down, it smells a little bit more like dog.

How do I get rid of this smell?

Is it the car or coming from the vents?

• 3 weeks later...

We had a Ford Taurus wagon that had a bad odor, and it ended up to be the cabin air filter. The filter was full of pollen, and in a humid environment, it started to compost. Any used car with a cabin air filter, you should at least take it out and make sure that you don't have a petri dish of gunk in there. 

Also, a friend with a motel uses an ozone generator to remove smoking and other odors from motel rooms- if you have one or can borrow one, that could help.