After 1000 miles have you ever had a problem with your C-Max?

zhackwyatt

C-Max Problems  

41 members have voted

1. 1. After 1000 miles have you ever had a problem (defined as something that Ford did not intend) with your C-Max

2. 2. If you had a problem, was it a major problem that you had to take to the dealer or a minor annoyance?

• Took to dealer - Major problem, non functioning, safety issue, how did it leave the factory this way
    • Living with it - My ford touch hiccup, fit and finish problem
    • N/A - No problems
  3. 3. What category are your problem(s)?

• Gas Engine
    • Electric Motors
    • Electrial (Hybrid systems)
    • Electrical (Non-hybrid systems)
    • Transmission
    • My Ford Touch (e.g. Freezes, climate controls unresponsive, radio magically turns on, etc.)
    • Climate (e.g. AC Compressor blew up)
    • Trim (e.g. trim pieces not aligned, trim pieces broken)
    • Mechanical (e.g. axel disintegrated)
    • Fuel problem
    • N/A - No problems
    • Other

Thought I'd create a poll to just get a rough percentage of problems (thought it might be interesting).

I think reading this forum can scare people away from the car based on all the "Dead 12 volt batteries" and this sensor or that sensor had to be replaced. Of course I think people have a tendency to post things like, "Help I have a problem" not "Hey everything is going great".

So I thought it would be fun to give people a chance to voice their "Hey everything is going great" in this poll.

I also thought that limiting it to at least 1000 miles of ownership would prevent things like, "Yeah I only owned it for a day, so far so good".

Oh, and please don't say Yes because you can't achieve 47 mpg. We already have a good feeling of that situation based on other posts and fuelly.

(Can you all tell I'm an engineer? :) )

Edited by zhackwyatt

What about breaking this down into catagories? Like MyFordTouch vs. Non-MyFordTouch? Or "Bad enough that I had to take it to the dealer to fix." vs. "Merely annoying."?

I voted yes because I had the dealer replace the sunglass holder. The one Ford installed in the car was only attached on one side.

I also voted yes because the audio and the HVAC systems will randomly come on when I start the car and it sometimes takes 2 or 3 stabs at the off buttons to get them to shut off.

I've got 5000 miles on mine.  I haven't experienced any mechanical problems but I do have a minor MFT glitch where the "channel" icons disappear from the favorite sets so they display as blank rectangles.

My C-Max has about 1100+ miles now and I have same issue with blank icons on the channels. However it was always with Sirius. Even if I turn it off then on, the blank icons are still there. I haven't tried FM. I will see if it also the same with FM the next time it happens.

Edited by AgentCMAX

I've got 5000 miles on mine.  I haven't experienced any mechanical problems but I do have a minor MFT glitch where the "channel" icons disappear from the favorite sets so they display as blank rectangles.

Mine has done this before too, but as someone mentioned it is a known glitch.  Hopefully Ford has addressed it in the new software updates.  If you switch from Sirius to FM and back, the presets will reappear.

Mine has done this before too, but as someone mentioned it is a known glitch.  Hopefully Ford has addressed it in the new software updates.  If you switch from Sirius to FM and back, the presets will reappear.

My C-Max has about 1100+ miles now and I have same issue with blank icons on the channels. However it was always with Sirius. Even if I turn it off then on, the blank icons are still there. I haven't tried FM. I will see if it also the same with FM the next time it happens.

I forgot to clarify that this only occurs on the Sirius favorites and switching modes usually resets it but then it just happens again after the car is turned off etc.  Really only a minor annoyance but should be an easy fix with a software update.

You should start another topic to point out that you corrected this, since some people who weren't able to complete the poll may not be checking new posts under this topic.  We want the full picture!  :camera:

What would really be nice is if the moderators pinned it, but they seem to be very quiet on the forums.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should the new "Other" category have a text field to enter what it was. Maybe if you get enough of a similar description you could add another problem category.

My issue was with a stuck key in the ignition, fix is to play with the shifter, making sure its pushed up into Park really well.

Should the new "Other" category have a text field to enter what it was. Maybe if you get enough of a similar description you could add another problem category.

My issue was with a stuck key in the ignition, fix is to play with the shifter, making sure its pushed up into Park really well.

I don't think there is anyway to do that.  I suppose that's what posting to the topic does.