What is the lowest priced gasoline you've put into your C-Max

raadsel

After buying gasoline, and with gasoline prices being at their lowest point in a decade, I'm just curious what the cheapest gasoline you've bought for your C-Max.

I ask because I was shocked when I went to Costco and it was $1.399 tonight, I spent under $15 to fill my tank with over 10 gallons of gas. Never expected to see that price again in my lifetime.

$1.539 - for top tier regular E10 gas at several stations within a mile or two.  Non top tier gas is usually a few cents less than regular.  

E0 is 1.999, 2.199, and 2.399 for 87, 89, and 91 octane gas respectively here.  The cost effectiveness of E0 at current price levels effectively means one has to get about 30% better FE using regular grade E0 vs E10 or 56% better FE using premium grade E0 vs regular E10 to break even.  This may get worse before it gets better - see link below.  

UPDATE: Crude keeps a weak hold on $28 ahead of U.S. stockpile data

Perhaps an even better topic would be "What is the MOST you've paid per gallon for gas in your C-Max?".

Right now things are good -- but as we all know, unlikely to stay that way.  It's only a matter of time (hopefully later than sooner, because even with a hybrid you want to stretch your gasoline dollars).  I'm fairly sure before our car is paid off I'll be paying over $3 per gallon (and perhaps even over $4).

Perhaps an even better topic would be "What is the MOST you've paid per gallon for gas in your C-Max?".

Right now things are good -- but as we all know, unlikely to stay that way.  It's only a matter of time (hopefully later than sooner, because even with a hybrid you want to stretch your gasoline dollars).  I'm fairly sure before our car is paid off I'll be paying over $3 per gallon (and perhaps even over $4).

Why wait? Drive over to LA and pay that much now...

• 1 year later...

Snapped this picture at a VA gas station today.  No, I didn't buy any!  Bet even CA can't top this.

gallery_656_57_52680.gif

:lol2: 

Haha nice!

Wonder if it was a joke or a disgruntled employee lol

http://abc11.com/news/why-am-i-seeing-$999-gas-/1518144/

"The NC Attorney General's Office did look into a consumer complaint about that Sheetz and a company rep said the station reported that it had posted that price when it ran out of gas -- perhaps to scare people away?

The rep said no customer had actually been charged that price."

• 4 years later...