Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Radio, speakers, sync all stopped working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Annabug

Annabug

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNJ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Cmax

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

After the snowstorm here in NJ, my speakers crackeled and popped. Then one big POP. Now I can't turnln the radio, Sync, etc. I press the knob to power the audio system on and the screen flashes,then disappears as if being turned off. Screen still displays time, date ,temperature. But otherwise, nothing will display or work.

I called the dealership and somehow even with my extended warranty, its out of warranty.

I did see the thread about pulling fuses and will try that. I wondering of others have had this issue and what the remedy was and approximate cost.

Oh and this is a 2013 cmax hybrid.

Thanks!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 660 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:40 PM

I am curious,

What level extended warranty did you get ?

Does that also mean the heater won't work ?

#3 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

After the snowstorm here in NJ, my speakers crackeled and popped. Then one big POP. Now I can't turnln the radio, Sync, etc. I press the knob to power the audio system on and the screen flashes,then disappears as if being turned off. Screen still displays time, date ,temperature. But otherwise, nothing will display or work.

I called the dealership and somehow even with my extended warranty, its out of warranty.

I did see the thread about pulling fuses and will try that. I wondering of others have had this issue and what the remedy was and approximate cost.

Oh and this is a 2013 cmax hybrid.

Thanks!

Also, make sure the fuses are good by checking the continuity of the fuse with a voltmeter.  Use Ohm setting with leads across the fuse.  If good, you should see near zero.  I'd check F67 and F79 (see link below).

Attached File  BCM Fuse Layout.PNG   83.26KB   0 downloads

• obob likes this

#4 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 865 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Also, make sure the fuses are good by checking the continuity of the fuse with a voltmeter.  Use Ohm setting with leads across the fuse.  If good, you should see near zero.  I'd check F67 and F79 (see link below).

attachicon.gifBCM Fuse Layout.PNG

My radio has died - similar symptoms to Annabug.  For a while there would be a loud pop/blast of noise after which the sound system wouldn't work until turning car off/on again.  Sometimes it would turn on but no sound and few functions would work.  Now its just dead all the time.  When you press the knob it alternates between a brief flash on the screen and no response at all.  Pulled F67 and 79 and checked them but it didn't help.  Does anyone know where the fault might be?

#5 OFFLINE   syd2aussie

syd2aussie

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLos Osos, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

I just fixed this myself.  I pulled both fuses, started the car, let it run for 5 minutes (not necessary to have the ICE running), put the fuses back in and everything worked.  I didn't notice if you had run the car after pulling the fuses.  That seems to make a difference.  

• djc likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·