Siri Eyes Free Functional Issues Using Bluetooth And Apple iOS 9.2 And 9.2.1

This today from OASIS.

2011-2016 Multiple Vehicles - SYNC GEN 2 MyFord/MyLincoln Touch v 3.8 And SYNC 3 - Siri Eyes Free Functional Issues Using Bluetooth And Apple iOS 9.2 And 9.2.1

Some 2011 thru 2016 Ford or Lincoln vehicles equipped with MyFord/MyLincoln touch and version 3.8 software or SYNC 3 may exhibit Siri Eyes Free not working over Bluetooth properly with iPhones using iOS 9.2 and 9.2.1 software. Ford is currently working with Apple on a resolution. As a workaround, plugging the iPhone into a USB port allows Siri Eyes Free to operate properly. Recommend that the customer have their iPhone plugged into a USB port to operate Siri. Plugging the iPhone in a USB port may cause Autoplay to start playing USB media. Autoplay can be disabled or enabled using the process in the Owner’s Manual or SYNC Supplemental Guide. Monitor OASIS for future updates.

I have the latest iOS and Siri Hands Free is working fine with my C-Max (which also has the latest).  Or as fine as Siri ever does (it can do some things just great, and others are, well, weird at times to say the least -- one time she asked me a yes or no question to which I answered "Yes" and she said "I don't understand that answer".  Just like a woman).

As a matter of fact, just this evening I used Siri instead of MFT because for some odd reason it was telling me it couldn't find the person in my address book (although MFT has downloaded my phone book).  So I just switched over (you hold the paddle down a LONG time for it to come on to Siri) and told Siri to dial the number and it worked fine.

The bigger question is do you have any issues using your iPhone with bluetooth in MFT?  If you don't, then Siri Hands Free should work fine (if you do then you have other issues beyond Siri Hands Free).

Edited by Kelleytoons

As a matter of fact, just this evening I used Siri instead of MFT because for some odd reason it was telling me it couldn't find the person in my address book (although MFT has downloaded my phone book).  So I just switched over (you hold the paddle down a LONG time for it to come on to Siri) and told Siri to dial the number and it worked fine.

The bigger question is do you have any issues using your iPhone with bluetooth in MFT?  If you don't, then Siri Hands Free should work fine (if you do then you have other issues beyond Siri Hands Free).

I've had issues where I've updated my phone book but the changes aren't uploaded to MFT, even after a month or two. You might need to manually tell MFT to manually update your address book. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly how to do it, but it seems like, once I found it, it was fairly simple.

I've had issues where I've updated my phone book but the changes aren't uploaded to MFT, even after a month or two. You might need to manually tell MFT to manually update your address book. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly how to do it, but it seems like, once I found it, it was fairly simple.

Oh it worked within five minutes of that issue, but for that five minutes it told me it couldn't use the book.  No big deal.

Hi Kelleytoons and raadsel,

For future reference you can re-download your phonebook by pressing the GEAR WHEELS, selecting SETTINGS, pressing PHONE, scrolling down to MANAGE PHONEBOOK, and pressing DOWNLOAD next to re-download phonebook. 

Also, please keep in mind that MFT identifies file size change. Meaning it may not recognize adding or changing one entry as that does not adjust the current file size of your phonebook, but adding or deleting multiple entries will encourage MFT to re-download your contacts. 

You can use the steps above if you need the system to update your entries in between that time. 

I hope this helps. 

Whitney 

Well, MFT works fine on BT for me and my iPhone 6. But I must be connected to power, either by usb or using power cord for Siri to be voice activated by the looonnng pull on the paddle. So, don't know what's going on.

Good.  Yes, the paddle hold down is much longer than you think it ought to take, but it then eventually works.

I kind of like it to even dial because I can use shortcuts I can't when dialing using MFT (for example, I can say "Call my wife at work" and it understands that command, whereas I have to say Call Annie Kelley Work via MFT.  Which isn't bad, but I when I dial the Vet it's SO much easier to say Vet than to try and remember how it's listed exactly).

Perhaps my family has interesting names, I don't need to say much. "Call Marjorie" would ring my wife's cell phone if I didn't have our home phone in her listing. "Call Marjorie Cell" isn't much harder. How many "Annie's" do you have in your directory? List the veterinarian as "Vet" with one number and I bet "Call Vet" is all you need.

In fact, I think I'll try removing the redundancy in my directory to see if it makes things easier. After all, #ICE is where your emergency contacts belong.

Have fun,

Frank

Not only do I have multiple "Annies" but I have multiple Vets (if you have pets you'll understand).  That's part of the problem with living so long <g>.

And I definitely do NOT want to create a separate listing for "Wife" or "Daughter" or "Vet" (main one) because that's what Siri does best (creating those relationships internally).  If the numbers change (and they do) I don't want to have to change them in multiple places.

No, Siri is absolutely the best way to go for me a lot of times.  But as long as I can do it one way or the other I'm fine.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased the 2016 CMAX with Sync 3 and Siri hands free already installed a couple weeks ago.  I'm having an issue where Siri won't work if my iPhone 5S is not awake.  Sync switches to Siri but just waits because the Siri beep never comes on.  It works pretty well if I first wake it up / unlock it though sometimes it will randomly switch to USB music.  I think I saw that the USB music issue is most likely part of the IOS 9.2 issue.  I have 9.2.1 and wanted to see if anyone else was having trouble using Siri with your phone not "awake".

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem with the USB music issue with 9.2, but I updated to 9.3 a couple of days ago and it's gone.  NOW I'm having a different issue.  When I end a phone call, the system doesn't switch back to what was playing on the radio.  If I try to manually switch back, it does nothing.  The only way to get back to the radio is to turn it off and then back on! 

Edited by tpowel2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks FordIVTeam!  I just updated to ISO 9.3.1 and am still having the same issue.  The long pull on the handle activates Siri but it just hangs unless I wake up my phone by turning it on and unlocking.  I do have auto-lock set on the phone and Siri is set to allow "Hey Siri" (not sure if that matters).  Are there other settings I should check?

Thanks again for your help.