heated seats

marge

Yes, first check the fuses. Make sure you use a multi-meter to check the resistance of the fuse as a fuses can "look" good but are bad. 

Are you saying the heater switch lights on both switches are not lit?  Try fuse F85 (7.5A) is both seat heaters don't work.   F34 (20A) is the fuse for the heating element for the drivers side and F35 (20A) is for the heating element fuse for the passenger side if only one seat heater doesn't work.  

Yes, check the fuses listed in above post.

Also, did you recently have "Recall 14S21 - Restraint Control Module" performed?  This recall requires removal of center console to access RCM.  I recall someone on this forum mentioning their seat heaters did not work after recall because the tech forgot to re-connect seat heater controls on center console.

Fuse

14S21 RCM recall

Then check your mileage and purchase date, as my repair was covered by the 3/36 warranty. Mine felt like it had a short circuit in the heater, then it stopped working. The RCM recall (mine broke, so I got it early) got me to check the seat heater and discover the issue before I hit 36K.

HAve fun,

Frank

• 3 years later...

Each seat has its own control module, rotary switch, heating pads, temperature sensors. Thus, it's unlikely that one of these components are bad in each seat. The heater rotary switch lighting is on a separate circuit controlled by the BCM and thus has nothing to do with the switches, control modules, heating elements.   

So,you want to make sure voltage is getting to the positive wires which are going to each control module.  Turn car on. Measure the voltage to ground on both side of F85, F35 and F34.  If the fuses are OK, you will get around 14 V on both sides of the fuse. Note on the wiring diagrams below that F34 and F35 are in the rear junction box.  Open liftback and raise lid for the storage compartment. On the lower left side wall is a panel that lifts off to expose the fuses.

The only other common element of both control modules is the grounding of the modules.  Now it's a matter of working underneath the seats (push seats as far back and up as the seats will go.  Make sure all connectors are connected.  If so, one must now check that the grounds and voltages are OK on the connectors shown on the wiring diagrams and also that the heating pads are not open (infinite resistance). Attached are the wiring diagrams. 

post-167-0-45688000-1573843796_thumb.jpg

post-167-0-25789600-1573843807_thumb.jpg

post-167-0-10199300-1573843828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

• 3 years later...

On 1/13/2023 at 11:11 PM, Poochu828 said:

I have a 2013-Ford Cmax and I didn’t even know I have heated seats until it started hurting my back. Someone tell me where the switch is to shut this off? 

Turn the controls down to zero. (Picture shows 5 - full on)

heated-seats.jpg

Edited by David McC