20K service, found oil

Thomas Walker

Hey all, I did 20K service (Air and cabin filters, 2nd Oil Change) But I found oil in motor intake it's coming from the breather tube from the motor is this normal or something to worry about? I cleaned it all up with a paper towel, I'm gonna check it again on Sat if I remember too.

attachicon.gifIMG_1596.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1597.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1598.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1599.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1600.JPG

How much oil did you use for 10K miles? Has your MPG's gone down over what you would expect for the winter driving? Does the ICE run smoothly at idle? I don't remember any oil in intake when I changed the air filter 70K miles ago. I'm not using any noticeable amount of oil at 128K miles. :)

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you discovered the PCV valve that sends any excess pressure in the engine to be burnt in the engine. Only a problem on much higher cars (any brand) when the valve gets plugged. Wondering if yours is permanently open. They are cheap to replace. Also I suppose warranty item!

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/197

Are you sure about that. :)   The part is inexpensive but it sure looks like the intake manifold needs to be removed to replace it.  

There was another thread several weeks ago on the location of the PCV valve as a member bought a valve to replace the original (at 100 k miles IIRC) and then couldn't locate the valve.  It's behind the intake manifold.  I suggested the member call the dealer for a quote.  I don't believe I saw a response yet.

Thomas Walker, since the PCV should be covered under the  3 year / 36 k mile B2B warranty (Fed. emissions warranty is 2 /24 on the PCV) you may want to take the car to the dealer before your warranty expires for what appears to be excessive oil in the intake.

It didn't use much oil or any it was still midway on the dipstick. I have 2 recalls to do on my car, so I'll show pics to the Ford Nuts while they have my car all day and let them look further into it. My MPG is 30 but I don't drive very eco, I do open it up a lot. This car is fast as my 400HP Truck, but if I pulse and glide I get 40 MPG