Looking for cargo rubber mat

cozzi007

I just installed my Ford Mat this afternoon and it fits very well. Ford ships these rolled up in a box so they are "curly" and a bit rippled around the front and rear edges when you remove them. A couple of jack stands laid on it kept it from curling back up while it warmed up lying on my driveway in direct sunlight. After a couple of hours the curl was gone as well as most of the ripples.

• 5 weeks later...

My C Max came with the front/rear carpet and rubber matts as well as the rear cargo mat (I guess Galpin Ford was more generous that I had thought considering the other posts on this subject).  I ended up replacing the front rubber matts because the driver's side did not have any protection for the black carpet on the foot rest.  Weather Tech has a great black rubber front replacements for about $70.00.  They fit great and cover the foot rest, so I don't have to worry about my foot getting the carpet dirty.  

My C Max came with the front/rear carpet and rubber matts as well as the rear cargo mat (I guess Galpin Ford was more generous that I had thought considering the other posts on this subject).  I ended up replacing the front rubber matts because the driver's side did not have any protection for the black carpet on the foot rest.  Weather Tech has a great black rubber front replacements for about $70.00.  They fit great and cover the foot rest, so I don't have to worry about my foot getting the carpet dirty.  

I hear you on the non-coverage of the left footrest! Drives me crazy that Ford did not cover that part on the rubber mat. My solution was to put 'carpet mask' on the footrest, which is essentially thick saran wrap-like clear plastic with adhesive on one side. My only concern is that the adhesive if left on the carpet too long may be difficult to remove from the carpet, but I plan to cut out a piece from my large roll of it and replace it once a month so that should be ok. At home I've left carpet mask on for extended periods of time (weeks) and had no trouble removing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The rubber floor mats from Ford accessories work well except for the lack of coverage on the driver's footrest and in the rear middle seat as mentioned in other posts.  The material seems to be of a decent quality.  WeatherTech hasn't manufactured a cargo liner yet, and the Ford accessories website says that their cargo liner is for the Energi.  I ordered the Energi one just to see if it would work in the Hybrid, but it was about six inches too short in the rear.  The material was pretty flimsy, too.  So, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Great news!  I had a CanvasBack Cargo Cover in my previous Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape, and I loved it.  I put my wet scuba gear in there, and it worked fantastically in protecting my Tribbie.  Never a tear, and never a leak.  (The surface of the material will get wet, but it will not go through to the carpet, because there is a waterproof layer sandwiched between the external canvas layers.  The material dries quickly.)  Perfect fit.  Flat, and not raised edges to catch things when you are sliding them in.  Stays put to the carpet, light weight, easy to remove and store (I never removed mine, except for cleaning my car), because it goes into a tight roll.

I checked on their web site, and I didn't see the C-MAX on there.  So, I sent an email, and they got right back to me, saying that they have them, but that they haven't added them to the web site yet.

Here is why I love these so much.  Rather than having to decide on whether to get the longer version of cargo protector, or going with the shorter version that leaves the seat backs unprotected, the CanvasBack covers are made from a soft material that rolls up.  In my Tribute, I would leave the seatbacks without the cover when the seat was up, and the fabric that normally would be on the seat fit into a nice, tight little roll at the base of the seat back, and you would hardly even notice it.  When I needed to lay the back seats down, I would just unroll the material at the base of the seat back, covering all the way to the top with a single sheet of material that extended from the liftgate to the top of the back of the seat.  Of course, you can opt to leave the CanvasBack covering the back of the seat all the time, but I preferred the look of the roll at the base to leaving it all the way up the back of the seat all the time.

I got home too late to reach anybody about the price, but I left voice mail, and I expect to conclude my purchase by tomorrow.  If enough people are interested, maybe we can get a group discount.  Let me know.  I am doing this, either way. 

I'll let you know what I find out about pricing, and if they will give group discounts.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Here are the rest of the details. 

The price is $149.  The cover not only will cover the entire back (or you can roll it down, so it just covers the rear with the seats up), but it even wraps over the edge of the storage compartment lid, which you will still be able to open. 

They really want to work with us.  So, since this will be the first sets for the C-MAX, when I told them about the Forum, they asked how we wanted the cargo covers cut.

For example, there are tie down d-rings in the deck of the rear.  They can make the cover so that the d-rings will come through, finishing off the edges around them.  However, this will allow the chance for water to go through that area (which is the tradeoff I am willing to make).  They can make the cover so that this area is covered, but this will mean that you won't be able to use the d-rings without taking up the cover.  What is the vote on that?

They can make the cover so that the 60/40 seat backs just have a nice finished edge where they come together, but this will allow things to fall between the seat backs.  They can make it with a zipper, which will prevent this, but which can tear if you don't fully unzip before separating the seat backs.  My vote is for the finished edge, but I wanted to hear other opinions.

Any other suggestions before they finish the pattern?

I am going to finish the order ASAP.  This is prime diving season, and I need to move on this.  So, if you have an idea to contribute, please do so ASAP.

That look interesting, ScubaDad, and something I might go for. I don't carry wet scuba gear anymore, but I do hike so I may have packs and muddy boots in the back.

I'm inclined to vote for finished edge and exposed d-rings, but would still consider buying if they went the other way. But I've got an Energi, so my cargo space has different measurements, please mention that to them.