Updates to MFT coming, and also new longer warranty

So will this be an upgrade to software beyond what we are getting in the CMAX's being delivered?

Don't think of it as "beyond" what we are getting. Think of it as "to" what we are getting. ;)

The article called it "version 3.5" but we will see in a couple weeks when it gets released to the first batch of customers what it actually is (the electrified vehicles don't get the update until 1Q next year).

Since so much is computerized in these vehicles, I think we should just be expecting a software update to be a common occurrence .

MFT needs to be continually improved and enhanced to stay competitive. Since the updates can be downloaded from the internet and installed via USB there really isn't any reason not to release updates - at least on vehicles that you are currently still selling.

Edited by valkraider

My biggest complaint right now is I can't pick and address from my phone into the NAV software or at least I am missing how to do it.

You can do it but not as you would expect. You need to download the Destinations app http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33740 . Send the destination to Sync, connect to Sync from your C-Max and acknowledge that yes you do want to download the destination, then confirm again that yes I really do want to go that destination.

Don't think of it as "beyond" what we are getting. Think of it as "to" what we are getting. ;)

The article called it "version 3.5" but we will see in a couple weeks when it gets released to the first batch of customers what it actually is (the electrified vehicles don't get the update until 1Q next year).

Since so much is computerized in these vehicles, I think we should just be expecting a software update to be a common occurrence .

MFT needs to be continually improved and enhanced to stay competitive. Since the updates can be downloaded from the internet and installed via USB there really isn't any reason not to release updates - at least on vehicles that you are currently still selling.

We are currently on Gen2 ver 3.1.

Edited by darrelld

You can do it but not as you would expect. You need to download the Destinations app http://media.ford.co...rticle_id=33740 . Send the destination to Sync, connect to Sync from your C-Max and acknowledge that yes you do want to download the destination, then confirm again that yes I really do want to go that destination.

It's faster to speak the address. It will be interesting to see what Apple has in store with the competition. I would really prefer to have a seamless voice connection to my phone.

It's faster to speak the address. It will be interesting to see what Apple has in store with the competition. I would really prefer to have a seamless voice connection to my phone.

The nice thing about using Sync is you can prestage the destination from outside the vehicle and download the destination later. I have done this the night before and downloaded the next morning.

Ford fell short of its quality goals partly because of glitches in MyFord Touch last year. As a result, top executives, including Chief Executive Alan Mulally, received smaller cash bonuses for 2011.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20121128/OEM/121129878#ixzz2DiWGfwNj.

Now that will get things fixed faster.   Nice to know however that Ford will fix it.  

I have pretty much given up on the navigation through MFT, I just use Siri now because Siri can look up addresses through my address book and has traffic and voice commands. I don't really need to see the map in front of me all of the time since the voice commands are getting so good. It is a bit ridiculous that you can't really navigate to an address in your phone's address book. Are you getting the "wrong format" message as well? 

I have pretty much given up on the navigation through MFT, I just use Siri now because Siri can look up addresses through my address book and has traffic and voice commands. I don't really need to see the map in front of me all of the time since the voice commands are getting so good. It is a bit ridiculous that you can't really navigate to an address in your phone's address book. Are you getting the "wrong format" message as well? 

Siri and MFT use the same Nuance voice engine.