Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Question on Unified Tow Brake for 2015 C-Max Energi

Towing Towed Vehicle Unified Tow Brake

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   azstork

azstork

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationHuntington Beach, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

We recently purchased a new 2015 C-Max Energi for use as a Toad with out Holiday Rambler Ambassador.  I have a US Gear Unified Tow Brake from my previous Toad (2008 Jeep Wrangler) that I would like to use in the C-Max, but have not found any information on it's use in the C-Max.  The parent company quit making this device 2 years ago, so that was a dead end.

Does anyone here have any experience or information on this - I did find one post where the author stated he could not get an installer to put a Unified Tow Brake installed on his C-Max because of the "brake pedal attachment" but that did not make sense to me...?  Anyone here using one?

Thanks

Gary

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

I researched several brake systems, US Gear was one of them. Went with a Blue Ox (3 legged stool :lol:) because it's such a GOOD idea, but like all good ideas in the real world NOT SO GOOD.

Here's a google search for "US Gear Unified Tow Brake" "hybrid" several hits, a few about Escape, MKX hybrids.
https://www.google.c...dr=all&start=10

Will you have to leave the ignition ON in your Energi?
SEL's/SE's and Energi's don't play nice when being towed with the ignition ON.

Have you joined the Energi forum, they have a sub-forum devoted to towing the Energi?
http://fordcmaxenerg...f-racks-towing/

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Towing, Towed Vehicle, Unified Tow Brake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·