Mobile One Rebate

Thanks.

Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 is $22.88 for 5 quarts jug at my local Walmart but Walmart is not listed as a participating retailer on the Mobil site which lists "some" of the participating dealers. I'm fairly sure I got a rebate on a prior purchase from Walmart on Mobil 1. Also, it appears the $12 rebate is for 5 quarts or more.  So, apparently no double dipping from the same address. :)

I will buy a jug and apply for the rebate and see what happens.  NAPA is on the list but I'll bet you'll pay $35+ for a 5 quart jug.

Thanks.

Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 is $22.88 for 5 quarts jug at my local Walmart but Walmart is not listed as a participating retailer on the Mobil site which lists "some" of the participating dealers. I'm fairly sure I got a rebate on a prior purchase from Walmart on Mobil 1. Also, it appears the $12 rebate is for 5 quarts or more.  So, apparently no double dipping from the same address. :)

I will buy a jug and apply for the rebate and see what happens.  NAPA is on the list but I'll bet you'll pay $35+ for a 5 quart jug.

You got a good deal, I paid $25.47 at walmart in OR.  I also got a rebate last year from a purchase at walmart.

Five quarts? Is that how much to get? I want the OW20, and I don't know enough about this to do it properly. Is there something that I need to know about what the label should say? I want to get the right stuff.

Oh, and since I plan for the dealer to do the oil change at the next service, should I just get the oil, and then let the dealer put in the Ford filter?

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Five quarts? Is that how much to get? I want the OW20, and I don't know enough about this to do it properly. Is there something that I need to know about what the label should say? I want to get the right stuff.

Oh, and since I plan for the dealer to do the oil change at the next service, should I just get the oil, and then let the dealer put in the Ford filter?

You'll need 4.5 quarts.  So, get the 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0W20 motor oil (see image in my post above of jug).  

You can also buy the Motorcraft filter at Walmart (FL-910S) for around $3.97 (a lot less than the dealer will charge).  Also, I don't know what the dealer will charge for the oil change if you supply the oil and filter but you likely can find a local shop that will do it for a lot less.

BTW, I just submitted my Walmart Mobil 1 purchase rebate form to Mobil.  We'll see if Walmart is a "participating" retailer in about 2-5 days. :)

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

Now I see why my oil at walmart cost a little more, it is the advanced full synthetic but it has been treated for

extended miles.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Extended-Performance-0W-20-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/36019107

Yep, I get the extended performance as well.  If this stuff is going to be in there for 1-2 years and/or 10-20K miles I'd like the added protection.

In the FWIW department, Ford's synthetic blend 5W20 is coming out of my crankcase with 650 ppm of Phosphorus, and 750 ppm Zinc. Mobil's nominal levels for the AFE oil in current use are 650 and 750 ppm, and I'm darn near 10K on this oil. It will be interesting to see how it looks when it's done.

Frank

In the FWIW department, Ford's synthetic blend 5W20 is coming out of my crankcase with 650 ppm of Phosphorus, and 750 ppm Zinc. Mobil's nominal levels for the AFE oil in current use are 650 and 750 ppm, and I'm darn near 10K on this oil. It will be interesting to see how it looks when it's done.

Frank

On my last oil change of Mobil 1  0W20 with 11,400 miles on the ICE  Phosphorus 653, Zinc 717 :)

Paul

Send samples to BlackStone Labs for testing. I use it to determine how many  ICE miles I can go before changing the oil and if there are any possible problems.  I have 131K mi. and everything looks great and I have been using Grill Covers since the beginning. :) 

Paul 

Paul,

Which Mobil 1 are you using?

Advanced Fuel Economy (AFE) and Extended Performance (EP), the only two Mobil1 0W20 options, have different additive levels. EP is nominally 800 Ph, 900 Zn.

I'd post a link to the spec sheet but paste one of several standard features no longer available to me... like viewing the forum. Still getting HTTP 500 error.

Not having fun,

Frank

Frank

I think it was Extended Performance from Walmart.  BTW this time I decided to use up some old bottles of Mobil 1 10W-40(QT 1 1/2), (1/2 Qt 0w-20EP) and (2-1/2 0w-20AFE).  Averaged 54mpg on last tank(over700mi.) with new tires. :)  BTW Fuelly went up another .1 mpg.  I guess it will be interesting to see what BlackStone Labs comes up with next time. :headscratch:

Paul

BTW, I just submitted my Walmart Mobil 1 purchase rebate form to Mobil.  We'll see if Walmart is a "participating" retailer in about 2-5 days. :)

Any luck with a Walmart rebate?

I couldn't find any "participating" retailer nearby that was selling for less than about $34 so want ahead and got a jug of 5W-20 "High Mileage" at WM for $23.  If the rebate doesn't work for WM, it comes out about the same - hate rebates anyway but would do it for $12!

BTW, anybody ever use Milesyn Sxr Full Synthetic from Miles Lubricants?  A 5 gallon (!) pail comes to $3.06 / qt.  That's enough for 4 changes with 2 qts to spare.

(Oh where is my electric car?)

Any luck with a Walmart rebate?

I couldn't find any "participating" retailer nearby that was selling for less than about $34 so want ahead and got a jug of 5W-20 "High Mileage" at WM for $23.  If the rebate doesn't work for WM, it comes out about the same - hate rebates anyway but would do it for $12!

BTW, anybody ever use Milesyn Sxr Full Synthetic from Miles Lubricants?  A 5 gallon (!) pail comes to $3.06 / qt.  That's enough for 4 changes with 2 qts to spare.

(Oh where is my electric car?)

On 4/19 I received this e-mail from Mobil.  I just checked the status and got "no submission was found" and "wait a week and try again."  Time will tell.  :)

Thank you for participating in the Mobil™ Retail Spring 2016 rebate offer.

We are processing your rebate request, if there are no problems please allow approximately six to eight weeks for delivery of your rebate check following verification of all required rebate documentation.

Thanks for purchasing Mobil motor oil.

Nothing tops it.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...