PID formula for transmission temp with odb 2 app

cheapjeep2

Why not use the ForScan app and you won't have to worry about entering PID data.   I believe the data for TFT is buried somewhere in this forum but couldn't find it with a quick search.  

Here's a link of how to convert the Scan Gauge code TFT shown below to the engine link format.

TXD: 07E6221E1C

RXF: 0462051E061C

RXD: 3010

MTH: 000900500020

NAM: TFT

Why not use the ForScan app and you won't have to worry about entering PID data.   I believe the data for TFT is buried somewhere in this forum but couldn't find it with a quick search.  

Here's a link of how to convert the Scan Gauge code TFT shown below to the engine link format.

"I believe the data for TFT is buried..."

YEP for some reason the powers that be  :lol2: have decided that "thou shall not search for ANY 3 letter words/acronyms... LED, PID, PDF,  ETC! 

Transmission Temperature "Trans" "221E1C" "(((SIGNED(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10" "-40" "260" "°C" "TCM"

got from  ford focus site.  I think this is the PID i used on my galaxy 5 and the obd2 elf scanner

Looking at this formula an see the *C - does this display in Celsius?  also not sure what character to use to represent the degree mark "°C"  seen here.

So I downloaded the ForScan app but it tells me the TFT is supported.

Edited by cheapjeep2

Looking at this formula an see the *C - does this display in Celsius?  also not sure what character to use to represent the degree mark "°C"  seen here.

So I downloaded the ForScan app but it tells me the TFT is supported.

IIRC, the TFT may not be supported in the PCM module but supported in another module.  I'll look later.