Flat towing Cmax Energi

I have a RVI braking system on order and my question is does the cmax have active or vacuum brakes I tried to depete the vacuum in the system but the pedal never got hard no matter how many times I pressed the pedal like it does in my F150 I did talk to Dan the inventor of RVI brake and he said it should be used with the active setting so anybody using a RVI with their Cmax  have any info to share​

Edited by rmblaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 2015 c-max and I use the RVI breaking system. I follower all of the direction in the C-Max Manual and the instructions from RVI and had no problems. I only towed for about 400 miles.

I will say at first I had some issues, DO NOT plug the unit into the cigarette lighter in the console after about 15 mins or so the power will shut off and the communication with the RVI will be lost. USE the DC outlet in aft rear cargo compartment on the right hand side that has continuous power. This solved all of my problems.

Good luck

dlan603