EV+ mode after 11 days

BobJustBob

Hi folks,

I was pleasantly surprised to see the EV+ mode designator come up on my left display (I think I am using the "Engage" display) yesterday while returning home after running a Saturday afternoon errand.  I thought it was going to take longer for the C-Max to learn my driving habits; somewhere (I think it was the Owner's Manual) I read it would take 2-to-4 weeks for the C-Max to learn my frequent routes and switch-on EV+ mode.  Well, it took only 11 days of driving before it switched-on for me.  This is probably because I return home by the same route 99% of the time, so it was easy for the system to "learn" my home route.  Anyway, I hope this feature fulfills it purpose and boosts by gas mileage!

Mine recognized my home as a frequent destination after only six times, but took many trips to recognize the parking lot at work. It's still sometimes flaky in that it won't go to EV+ even when the battery isn't that low. It's also inconsistent in the location where it turns on, sometimes closer and sometimes much further away.

I don't really need EV+ anyway because on the times when it didn't turn on, I was gentle on the gas and easily made it in normal EV mode.

Hi folks,

I was pleasantly surprised to see the EV+ mode designator come up on my left display (I think I am using the "Engage" display) yesterday while returning home after running a Saturday afternoon errand.  I thought it was going to take longer for the C-Max to learn my driving habits; somewhere (I think it was the Owner's Manual) I read it would take 2-to-4 weeks for the C-Max to learn my frequent routes and switch-on EV+ mode.  Well, it took only 11 days of driving before it switched-on for me.  This is probably because I return home by the same route 99% of the time, so it was easy for the system to "learn" my home route.  Anyway, I hope this feature fulfills it purpose and boosts by gas mileage!

Very cool feature!

Mine recognized my house within the first three days. I always forget to check if it activates at work (I go to two different locations on different days). I will have to pay attention to that.

One thing I like about EV+ is that by leaving the traction battery in its lowest state of charge, it makes better use of the ICE when it starts the next time and has to run to warm up the polution controls. Very clever.

I hereby take back any doubts that I had about EV+. I took a little detour on the way home tonight to do some shopping and had about 8 miles EV range left for a 9 mile trip. I was then down to 1 mile range with 2+ miles left to go and when I got off the highway I was below 1 mile range with over a mile to go, but I saw the EV+ light and made it home without using any gas. The car knew it was going to get fed soon and went the rest of the way. Very cool.  

I hereby take back any doubts that I had about EV+. I took a little detour on the way home tonight to do some shopping and had about 8 miles EV range left for a 9 mile trip. I was then down to 1 mile range with 2+ miles left to go and when I got off the highway I was below 1 mile range with over a mile to go, but I saw the EV+ light and made it home without using any gas. The car knew it was going to get fed soon and went the rest of the way. Very cool.

You driving an Energi?

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="darrelld" data-cid="4282" data-time="1355838013"><p>

Cool, I don't get the EV range on the the regular C-Max. Still would be a nice feature to have.</p></blockquote>

I have the 'regular' C-Max SEL hybrid and my EV+ works. You have to turn it on! On the left of the speedometer, it is not on by default.

Hi folks,

Don't own one .....YET, so excuse my ignorance but what exactly does the EV+ mode do?

It is my understanding that it allows the battery to be drained a little bit more than normal in anticipation of being shut off soon. It discourages the ICE from firing up with only a block or two to go. Of course, it's all about squeezing just a little bit more mileage per gallon.