EV+ mode after 11 days

BobJustBob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the EV+ feature.  My car figured out where home is within 4 days of driving, but has not yet recognized the office.  It's only been 2.5 weeks so far, heck I am still on the original tank of gas that the dealer provided, between 1/2 and 1/4 now.  Will fill when it gets below 1/4.

The EV+ kicks in for home about about 4-5 city blocks on the way I drive daily.  This is a cool feature!

EV+ simply allows the battery to be drained slightly more than normal. That's all it does. So if you have a full-ish battery already then EV+ isn't going to really make much difference.

If you turn on a display mode which has the EV threshold you can see how EV+ changes behavior.

When the battery is lower than a certain point, the EV threshold is very small, and almost any time the accelerator is pressed you exceed the threshold and the ICE kicks in.

When driving with a low battery and that threshold is tiny - when EV+ kicks in the threshold will increase back to almost normal levels, which if you're on neighborhood or slow speed streets means you will be able to drop into EV mode much easier.

If the battery is already full enough that the EV threshold is high - then EV+ won't really have any impact.