Rear Carpet

Marc Smith

So has anyone ever removed the rear carpet from the C-max....

so had a hot day they other day....  the small square just fell off and the larger section  started to come off.  so I just gave it a swift yank.  so the larger piece came right off  but left the glue (if you want call it that) behind.  I've had the dealer twice  add glue while it was in for recall service.

And the carpet on the floor is starting to come loose.

So I have been giving thought to pulling the carpet out.  since the ford glue  doesn't seem to work anyhow..

I figure it would be easy enough to take the carpet out and use it to make a pattern  maybe use 1/2 inch ply

IMG 2471

IMG 2470

mine had the same problem they fell off shortly after I got the car last Aug, was still under the 3/36K warranty, they replaced the entire section on both seats. 

the plastic is too smooth for the glue to stick properly. sand it with like 40 or 60 grit and use some good silicone adhesive. 

Yeah I';m outside the 3/36.   being that its been a recurring problem  I could probably get the dealer ship to re squirt,  but  its not a big enough problem for me to warrant the hassle to run to the dealer.

what about the carpet on the rubber mat....  any ideas on that???

I've already pitched the the two carpet squares so there is no going back with the orginal stuff... 

just need to get the blue glue off the larger section  and it won't look that bad

mines not peeling off the larger carpet section at all, do you haul a lot of stuff in and out of your cargo area?

i put a rubber pad down cut to fit over my carpet to protect it. it was actually a textured rubber exercise or standing mat, wasn't too thick, seems to work good. lol :) 

wny

I dont carry much, golf bag once a week, model boats,  nothing major.  but all require the seats to be folded down.  and when pulling stuff out  the unprotected edge of the carpet is slowly starting to peel back.

Its one of those simple things like a plastic "u" channel over the edge would work.  or some sort of a  rivet or heavy stiching to hold the edge down.  Heck  the edge of the carpet isn't even sewn. I do have a plastic pay I put down when I know i'm hauling stuff thats going to be dirty, like plants, or lumber.

Its one of those things  that when looking a car over  for purchase.  you'd never notice or even think about.  until it starts to happen...

I really miss the "plastic" cargo area of the HHR...  hhrcargo2.jpg

• 11 months later...

I just got home from the dealer because the piece of carpet on my right rear seat fell off. They had to order a new one but the guy at the desk told me it would take two days to fix it, how is that even possible? I could fix it in ten minutes. I'm pretty upset with the dealership.