Does the navigation system show live traffic on map?

Does that mean Sync is not able to get traffic information through my cell phone data plan, just like what entune does?

The Ford system does not need a "smart phone" with a data plan, the weather and traffic and other services are accessed via the XM / Sirius Satellite Radio.  The traffic data is then over-layed and displayed on the GPS map....   Or for some major metro areas you can also listen to traffic on one of the satellite radio channels...   The source of the data, iXM/Sirius, is the same for both systems from what I see on the Entune page....  I believe I pay an additional $2 a month for the traffic / weather /other "stuff" through XM/Sirius in my SHO....

Edited by RedLdr1

The Ford system does not need a "smart phone" with a data plan, the weather and traffic and other services are accessed via the XM / Sirius Satellite Radio.  The traffic data is then over-layed and displayed on the GPS map....   Or for some major metro areas you can also listen to traffic on one of the satellite radio channels...   The source of the data, iXM/Sirius, is the same for both systems from what I see on the Entune page....  I believe I pay an additional $2 a month for the traffic / weather /other "stuff" through XM/Sirius in my SHO....

Thanks for the answers.

I am just wondering if SYNC can use my data plan to get those traffic information instead of using Sirius serivce. I have 3GB/month data plan and I don't use them all. So it would be nice to show traffic info through my data plan without paying the subscription fee to Sirius.

I assume Entune is using smart phone data to acquire the traffic info, based on its advertisement.

I am just struggling between Prius and Cmax..

Edited by sslow

My 2011 Fusion has the Ford navigation system and it does show traffic on the map display.  Satellite radio has not been active for 1.5 years.  This just started in the last couple of month for some reason.  My phone has not been activating sync services or such.  Believe the data is from the HD radio in the car.  Downloaded and install a Sysnc update that possibly did more than update Sync.  Do not know what actually happened but it is nice.

• 1 month later...