Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost power while driving no gas engine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cheapjeep2

cheapjeep2

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationAtlanta
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

Driving at night, first the D on the dash goes dark, battery went to zero and car would not go, gas engine would not activate. Put in park, turned off, restarted and everything was then fine. This is a 2013 SE. Any ideas?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 2,943 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

Maybe a bad 12v Batt. connection. :headscratch:

Paul

#3 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationTN
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

So, since you didn't mention the dash going dark, I'm assuming you had 12 V power.  I'd be somewhat concerned as you apparently didn't get a warning message.  I don't recall anyone having this happen to them. 

If "D" went dark and the battery symbol went to zero and the 12 V system apparently was up, it may be an issue with the SOBDMC (the hybrid power control module) or the BECM (battery electric control module).  Unless you want to pay the dealer $100 or so for a diagnostic scan, isn't it time to invest in the ForScan App so you can scan these and other modules as I indicated to you when you ask about the PID for the transmission fluid temperature in another thread.  :)   There may be DTC stored as maybe a module lost power, couldn't communicate with other modules and so forth.

#4 OFFLINE   cheapjeep2

cheapjeep2

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

So, since you didn't mention the dash going dark, I'm assuming you had 12 V power.  I'd be somewhat concerned as you apparently didn't get a warning message.  I don't recall anyone having this happen to them. 

If "D" went dark and the battery symbol went to zero and the 12 V system apparently was up, it may be an issue with the SOBDMC (the hybrid power control module) or the BECM (battery electric control module).  Unless you want to pay the dealer $100 or so for a diagnostic scan, isn't it time to invest in the ForScan App so you can scan these and other modules as I indicated to you when you ask about the PID for the transmission fluid temperature in another thread.  :)   There may be DTC stored as maybe a module lost power, couldn't communicate with other modules and so forth.

Actually I have the Forscam app and odbll module just didn't think to check since there was warning. Thanks for jogging the memory!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·