Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

C-MAX in the snow?

snow chains

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,352 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

The Michelin X-ice 3 tires we put on our Cmax are awesome.... I think the Cmax with good snows will tackle anything within reason.

+1 

We just had our first snow fall of the year... I would say the performance with snow tires is so so compared to our former cars which all had snow tires.  The rear end does lose traction more than I thought it would....

I noticed the same thing, but I'm surprised anyone else noticed! You must have really good road feel, something I've tried to teach at drivers' schools only to realize it's a gift, not a skill.

What I'm sensing is a very subtle slide, nothing I'd characterize as "losing traction," but rather the rear end is "tracking" the front end around the turn. FWD tends to oversteer, but on dry roads, the C-Max is quite neutral at the limit with very little understeer if you've entered the turn properly. You'll recall I've activated the roll stability control on occassion, so I've been to the limits of adhesion and this car is very well behaved at the limits. That's the only sense of oversteer I sense, and it's a comforting one to me.

That said, the seat of your pants may be the sensor but the brain still makes the decisions, and if your brain's not comfortable, listen to it, not me.

HAve fun,

Frank

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   mnrobitaille

mnrobitaille

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationKahlotus, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A, Pano Roof

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

I've driven the C-Max a couple of times in snow & have had no issues at all. It's just using common sense & knowing your own capabilities as well as the capabilities of the vehicle you're in when it comes to driving on snow/ice.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·