The Detroit News: "Infotainment system flaws riled top Ford execs"

kostby

The Detroit News, posted 12:18am October 7, 2016

"Infotainment system flaws riled top Ford execs"

A U.S. District Court judge last week certified classes of consumers from nine states in the 2013 lawsuit filed against the Dearborn automaker; a trial is expected in April 2017.

The article includes statements attributed to Ford executives, engineers, and unnamed employees about early MyFord Touch and SYNC woes from court filings.

Rather than cut-and-paste what to me appears to be a collection of juicy gossip worthy of a 2016 Presidential campaign leak, I'll let you read it  yourself...

Here's the direct link:

WOW, Thx for sharing.   I did not think the system is that bad although I have had some issues.  But on the other hand it was a $800+ system upgrade on my SE.   With nav I think was $2k or $3K?  

When this new Sync system came out years ago I remember many people were talking about how leading edge Ford was.   Maybe it was a little too soon to come out. 

Glad that the new sync 3 seems to be pretty well received. 

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, Thx for sharing....

Not really... C-Max is not involved. 

"Court documents from a 2013 class-action lawsuit filed in California show Ford engineers were worried about the “unsaleable” system from the outset of its 2010 launch..." (emphasis added, ed.)

We have the second generation system. Lawsuit involves first gen. Third gen, based on RIM software, works. 

Have fun,

Frank