New 16 SEL here

joshg678

Originally I was searching for the NRG but once I got my hands on one the Hybrid won me over.

Found a Metallic 302A day before thanksgiving and I'm loving it.

And I already hit a deer. Crushed the from left quarter panel and busted the light. Highbeems work but blinker and low beams are out.

I've had my eye on the C-Max since its debut. My dad got one earlier this year unexpectedly (never checked his oil on his FEH and blew engine at 160k) and it reminded me of how much I wanted one.

Originally I was searching for the NRG but once I got my hands on one the Hybrid won me over.

Found a Metallic 302A day before thanksgiving and I'm loving it.

And I already hit a deer. Crushed the from left quarter panel and busted the light. Highbeems work but blinker and low beams are out.

I've had my eye on the C-Max since its debut. My dad got one earlier this year unexpectedly (never checked his oil on his FEH and blew engine at 160k) and it reminded me of how much I wanted one.

Ouch! :drop: Been there and done that. It's been about 100k mi. since, although I have had two real close encounters, Brakes Work Great! :yahoo: Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Paul 

Two of my encounters were at night, but one was at noon on I-75 north Atlanta traffic fairly heavy but well spaced going 70mph 6 lanes north bound my side. I'm in lane 2, deer comes running at high rate speed onto the FWY and realizes traffic is coming at him(OMG) everyone slams on their brakes without hitting anyone or Deer(I was the closest about 10ft) and to my amazement the Deer slid, stopped and turn 180* in one motion and ran back. I didn't think he could get enough traction on concrete FWY in about a sec. or two.  Like I said, CMAX has Great Brakes if you can use them. :) 

Paul 

Thanks for the welcome. The Deer around here seem to be more active and wild in the late afternoon. I don't blame them, I'm not a morning person either.

Sadly the brakes didn't help me much as I think the deer was charging for me. Now it's not doing anything at all.

My mother was in a car on the 27th (Toyota Yaris), in Hamilton Ontario, hit a deer at city speed and the car is totaled. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks I got one too! photo attached.

First things first - sorry to be such a nerd, but somebody please fix that header above. Should be YOUR not YOU.

Bought my 2016 Ruby Red SEL on March 25th, 2017. I think I got a great deal. Researching a replacement for my totaled 2009 Honda FIT I was looking at the Cmax. Liked the high driving position and visibility. Soon as I found out my bicycle would fit easily in the back, I wanted one. Found that I could buy a 1 year old 302a equipped SEL for well under $20K (dealer said nobody's buying brand new ones, but snapping up these rental Cmax fleet cars after a year). I like it a lot, but it's my first car with super-modern tech and still playing with Sync and other features two months after purchase. Averaging about 43mpg. Only thing that's not great is the non-opening "Panoramic roof" - I really wish it was openable. What...no donut spare? what if I rip a sidewall? No Jack? - uh oh... Compressor/Sealer not gonna fix dat. Still love the car anyway.

Why do so many of the links here take me to a Flash update page? Seems fake. something's weird...post-4583-0-40323800-1494475766_thumb.jpg

16redsel here - happy new owner 

Hi Folks I got one too! photo attached.

First things first - sorry to be such a nerd, but somebody please fix that header above. Should be YOUR not YOU.

Bought my 2016 Ruby Red SEL on March 25th, 2017. I think I got a great deal. Researching a replacement for my totaled 2009 Honda FIT I was looking at the Cmax. Liked the high driving position and visibility. Soon as I found out my bicycle would fit easily in the back, I wanted one. Found that I could buy a 1 year old 302a equipped SEL for well under $20K (dealer said nobody's buying brand new ones, but snapping up these rental Cmax fleet cars after a year). I like it a lot, but it's my first car with super-modern tech and still playing with Sync and other features two months after purchase. Averaging about 43mpg. Only thing that's not great is the non-opening "Panoramic roof" - I really wish it was openable. What...no donut spare? what if I rip a sidewall? No Jack? - uh oh... Compressor/Sealer not gonna fix dat. Still love the car anyway.

Why do so many of the links here take me to a Flash update page? Seems fake. something's weird...attachicon.gifIMG_1381.JPG

16redsel here - happy new owner 

Welcome, These cars can be a lot fun. :)

Paul

Congratz 16redsel, great buy, always been a great car !!!

We've always had a sunroof.  It was a big transition to not having one - I 'combed' my hair for many years just by opening the sunroof; now I've had to buy a comb ;).  Anyway, we have adjusted and love the pano roof with shade opened all year except in the summer sun. 

Enjoy, it's a great car for whatever you choose; sport driving, thrifty driving, two person, four person, gear hauling, bike in the back  ...... :play:

Did you see the 'what's in your C-Max' thread?

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2800-whats-in-your-c-max-today/page-4#entry64566 

Nick :skateboard:

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 3 months later...