2017 Chevy Malibu Hybrid

joshg678

I took one of these on a test drive when I was looking for my car. It was Huge, but more bulky then usable space I think.

Power was great, a tad more then the C-Max I think.

I had heard the power train is the same as the volt but only works in range extending mode since it can't plugin.

I liked how it had a gauge on it that shows you how much regen you are using and what the max is. I didn't like the gauge it had for power before engine on, seemed last minute and wasn't integrated into the same gauge as the regen, just showed power output.

The Ford power train is MUCH smoother when engine turns on, off was more noticeable then Ford. I think the Chevy engine is louder at lower loads.

At WOT max power is instantly given, no wait for the engine to speed up, but it does speed up and shows max power being output.

It has low which has a shift selector for L1and L2 which are just different regen amounts. In L you can give it some throttle and it starts to lower regen so you could have easy 1 foot driving.

It did not have hill decent control, even on the fully loaded model I tested.

Back seat was much more comfortable and a bit more roomy for legs, but hips/car seats was same. Think the flat seat in the C-Max is better for the car seats.

The sun roof was about the size of the panaramic roof, but half of it opened which I liked better.

Edited by joshg678