Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Automatic Rear Hatch

rear

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 179 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:46 AM

I have the technology package with the kick to open/close door and twice now it has almost "crushed" bystanders who were loading and unloading cargo into the back. 

Seems I was back there so my fob was close enough to the antenna that when they were moving around loading and unloading cargo the car thought I was triggering the sensor.  They look dumbfounded but I was able to recognize what was going on and hold the door open, wonderful grinding noise and now one seal on piston sounds squeaky when it closes but at least my friends weren't hurt.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   AZgman

AZgman

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-max SEL

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, that is bad. I also heard my car locking/unlocking as I sprayed water on it to wash it. I guess it thought it was my hand on the door handle. The technology is not perfect.

#3 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 551 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

I've been loading groceries and shuffled my feet, and had the rear liftgate try to close on me. I can't really complain too much about it, the system thought I kicked my foot under the bumper and I'd rather have it "too sensitive" than not sensitive enough. Looking at it from a design standpoint, I'm not sure what they could really do to "fix" the issue and still have the liftgate be responsive to most kicks; and they did design it to come down relatively slowly, to prevent injuries if it does come down on a person. Though that leads to another minor complaint, again with no real fix, that it seems to take forever to open/close when you are in a hurry. ;)

• ptjones likes this

#4 OFFLINE   AZgman

AZgman

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-max SEL

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

I think they should have incorporated a light sensor that would prevent the door from coming down if the path is obstructed. You know, like garage door openers have worked for the last 20 years...

#5 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 179 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:08 AM

Hmm, if it's a separate sensor under the bumper I bet it could be disconnected, but for now I'll just be more aware of it.  Maybe I'll stand away from the car if other folks are loading and unloading cargo..

#6 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 192 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

Mine has always worked perfectly. When I use it I raise my foot with a slight swing. If I have the hatch open I have never had it come down. I have it open when I vac and clean with my feet moving deck and forth. I do not think any measure needs to be taken. Enjoy the convenience without worry.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·